PDA

View Full Version : January Crowds Right NOW.....how are they?

WDWRox
01-21-2009, 05:56 PM
The wife and I are headed down on our next trip in just 3 DAYS! :mickey:

If anyone's been there within the past week or two, how have the crowds been? I believe January is typically supposed to be a good time to go, but with this "Buy 4 nights, Get 3 Free" deal, the crowds may not be as sparce as we'd hope for.

mickey&missy
01-21-2009, 06:00 PM
We were there 1/3 - 1/12. There were a lot more people then we thought there would be. But it wasn't terrible! We didn't have an really long waits or anything.

Have a wonderful vacation!

cardinalsfan_98
01-21-2009, 07:55 PM
My sister and her family are down there right now. She said, generally, the crowds are light. She also said the wait time for TT was 80 minutes on Tuesday. Over all, not bad...have fun!

DDuck66
01-22-2009, 11:34 AM
We check in next Wedsnesday and are staying until Saturday. I think the big cheerleading event starts that weekend so I hope they all do not come early. I sure hope the crowds are not to bad as we have a lot planned for a short trip.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
01-22-2009, 11:50 AM
Every weekend in February is a Cheer or Dance competition weekend (our local HS Cheerleaders are going one weekend and the Dance squad another).

Hallomagic
01-22-2009, 08:31 PM
Just came back... crowds pretty busy over the weekend due to MLK. They simmered down after. Longest wait for us was 90 minutes for Toy Story but it was on the weekend. I think crowds should be better now.

Cheerleaders started arriving over the weekend so you may start to see more of them soon.

I wish you warm weather, light crowds and a WONDERFUL TRIP!:mickey:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
01-22-2009, 11:17 PM
Overall, short lines right now but there are lot of international tour groups and cheer competitions coming in right now. It was a sea of matching colors and anthems being yelled as they followed little signs throughout the parks today.

However, Everest was about 20-30 all day, Dinosaur was less than 20 and FOTLK was half empty at the 2pm show (not that I went and saw it on my hour long, unpaid lunch).

stitchaholic
01-24-2009, 07:12 AM
that is great news! see you in a few days!

tiggerandpooh63
01-25-2009, 02:21 PM
just returned and the crowds were amazingly small - we walked onto several rides before noon at Magic Kingdom on Friday. Right onto Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear, Thunder Mountain...on and on. It was amazingly wonderful. It was funny because there were lots of people everywhere just small lines. The longest we waited was 20 minutes for Jungle Cruise. Didn't need a fast pass all day!

CaptSmee
01-26-2009, 10:14 PM
just returned and it's much more crowded than the past few years when we went during the same timeframe. we were disappointed, and the cold weather didn't help matters any!

bob6572
02-01-2009, 10:38 AM
Got back last night. Crowds were building and most people had Steelers jersies on!! Weekends busy, weekdays were nothing. Rode EE twice in 10 minutes.

Jayna222
02-01-2009, 06:04 PM
I also just returned---the first thing I did at the MK was CoP and the CM told all of us "enjoy your day here at MK because the park will be very empty so expect very short lines!" Boy was he right! The longest I think we waited in a line was 15 minutes. Epcot and HS were the same. About 20 minutes for the longest line (30 minutes for the new Toy Story ride----so much fun though!!) For some reason, AK was extremely crowded and made me cranky lol
At least we got to ride Expedition Everest----only waited for about 15 minutes at the start of the day!:thumbsup:

nickv1025
02-01-2009, 06:40 PM
Went to MK, AK, and Epcot this past Wednesday.

Adventureland at MK couldn't have been more private if we had owned the place.

In Tomorrowland, reaching out with one hand, you would touch your fellow park attendees. Strange.

Space Mountain, however, made us wait 5 minutes. Surprising for the amount of people in the land. Stitch's had 20 minutes.

AK was a different story. Dinosaur said 20, was more like 2. EE was 60! Fastpass made us wait an hour, but got us right on at our time. It was elbow to elbow in the Asia land of the park.

Epcot was better at night. Normal January crowds. Soarin' was 60 (we actually waited and it WAS 60). Fastpasses were 4 hours later so we said heck with that. Test Track said 20, was more like 2 (except it broke down twice).

Kenny1113
02-02-2009, 07:13 AM
We just got back, Fri at MK was amazing, 10 min for BTMR, 5 for Splsh MTN and 20 for space mtn. walked on almost everything else. Epcot was great on sat as well. One web stie listed this weekend as 7-8 for crowd levels and it was the best crowd levels I have seen in a long time. :thumbsup: