PDA

View Full Version : Colors in signature

mouseketeer mom
01-21-2009, 03:51 PM
For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to make my signature in color, or change the font. Any advice?

SBETigg
01-21-2009, 04:14 PM
It's fairly easy, but I'm not good at describing. Let me try, and someone else can always come along with better directions. You click the header that says "User CP" and the "edit signature" that comes up in the sidebar. Type in or highlight what you want to change, then find what you want in the box surrounding the text area-- just like on the posts. When you go to answer a thread, do you see the blue-gray frame that surrounds the text box? Smilies to the right, and above it says fonts, sizes, an A with a solid black line under it, etc? The one in the edit signature section works the same way.

Highlight the text you want to change and click the down arrow on the option you want, say colored text. If you want to make your signature red, for example, click the down arrow next to the A with the black underscore and you'll see your color selections. Choose the one you want, and your text will be framed with the code that makes it that color. Click the preview button along the way to see how you like the changes, and don't forget to save when you're done.

mouseketeer mom
01-21-2009, 06:01 PM
Woo Hoo!!! I did it!!! I just changed my name, font and color!! Thats all I have time for now, but thanks!!! You described it well!!!!:):thumbsup:

SBETigg
01-21-2009, 07:58 PM
Glad I could help-- and it looks so pretty, too. :)

mouseketeer mom
01-22-2009, 06:36 AM
OK..another color and font question..I was changing my whole signature line into different colors, and I also made the size just a smidge bigger. About half way thru I got the message I had too many characters in my signature, no more than ??(I don't remember the number offhand) allowed. I didn't change the number of characters, the wording was exactly the same, but I did make them bigger, was that the problem?? So, I just changed them all back to small and black until I can figure it out.

SBETigg
01-22-2009, 08:05 AM
I'm not sure but I think making them bigger may have been the problem.

mouseketeer mom
01-22-2009, 08:35 AM
Yeah, I'm thinking that too. Maybe I'm just going to shorten my whole signature..It's too long, I think!!! Thanks so much! When I can, I'm going to change it all. You've been a big help!:)

tjstrike
01-27-2009, 01:44 AM
The computer is probably looking at how many lines on the page it took up instead of how many actual characters.