PDA

View Full Version : Swimming in March??

Princess'Mom
01-21-2009, 12:35 PM
I'm planning a trip in March (22-28). Reading Info Central, I know the average temp. in March is around 78-79 deg. I also read somewhere that the resort pools are heated.
The 64k question - Is it too cold to really enjoy the pool this time of year?

#1donaldfan
01-21-2009, 12:42 PM
it was just fine on New Years Day, so I'd assume March will be even better !!!!

......ok, I lied a bit....I didn't get in, but the kids did and had a blast...........it was in the 60's....and yes, the pools are heated....have a fun time...!!:thumbsup:

bouncyprouncy
01-21-2009, 12:50 PM
We get down there nearly every March, and visiting the pool is probably in the 90% range. Once in a while the weather is too cool, but most afternoons when the sun comes out the pools are wonderful.

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
01-21-2009, 02:06 PM
We have been a few times in early March and we typically swim at least one day. It is chilly! The water typically is not too bad but the March winds are cool. So getting out of the pool is cold!!! You will be fine if you stay in the water up to your neck? My kids however say it is great even as their skin tuns a light shade of blue. We have been to WDW in March when it was in the 80's and perfect for an afternoon swim. It is Florida and who knows if it will rain or be sunny or hot or cool?

mrmcgiv
01-21-2009, 02:13 PM
We went in Dec, typical highs about 75ish I think. We went to pool 3 times. More for kids, if it were up to me I would have said too chilly. One day was quite chilly upon getting out of the pool, the other 2 days were OK. But I woudl not go back in Dec b/c I did not like this fact. We wentin May beofre and it was perfect. Not too hot, not too cold.

Pocahontas
01-21-2009, 05:54 PM
We have been to WDW in both January and February and always get in some swimming time. It can be cold, but once your in the water and moving around you don't feel cold. (Well, you usually don't feel cold ;)). It's a plus if your resort has a hot tub to warm up in before heading back to your room. I can't imagine March not having good days and nights to enjoy the pool.

wwebber
02-04-2009, 10:54 AM
I went in March and it was cool. We wore sweatshirts around the park. We had reservations for the Spirit of Aloha dinner but it was canceled because of the cold weather. I think it may have been just unusually cool at that time, so it's hard to say, but I think you could probably make it in!

Frog
02-04-2009, 12:25 PM
We went in march a few years back. For us, the water was a little cold. stayed at pofq. but we are from Texas, so we are used to bath water temp swimming pools!!

javamama
02-05-2009, 10:17 AM
You'll probably get to use the pools at some point in March, we went last April the second week and froze. The parks ran out of sweatshirts/hoodies/etc... We finally got two pool/beach days in at the end of the trip--hence this year is a late April early May trip:D

dwade266
02-08-2009, 02:15 PM
My experience in March is that it can vary a LOT. Sometimes it can be 50's and windy and sometimes it can be 80. Actually this is true for most non-summer months - we have been basking in the pool on Christmas Day, and this week (mid-February) there are frost warnings in Florida. I would say that typically it is nice, but be prepared for cool weather.

Jayna222
02-08-2009, 08:01 PM
Me and my bf stayed in the pool for about an hour or so last week! Air was a little cool but the water temp. was wonderfully warm:D

DryCreek
02-08-2009, 08:13 PM
heated pools. We were walking back from a park after getting off of the bus at the south stop at POR. Since we walked right by the pool, I thought that I'd see how warm it was. Well, at least the ice chunks were pushed to one side by the wind.

Oh, did I mention that it was the night that dropped into the upper 20's and had a stiff breeze?

It was silly cold for several days last week. Unfortunately, I packed for THIS week. I did have enough to layer up and beat the cold!

Mousemates
02-09-2009, 08:41 AM
For winter stays just watch the weather forecast and pick your swimming or water park days accordingly. most weeks there will be at least one pretty warm day...so make themost of it.

As others have stated the pools are warm...the only time we have been trully cold (and we don't hits the pools unless it is in the upper 70's) is walking back to our room on breezy afternoons...it is then when you discover what "wind chill effect" is all about.

RocknBev
02-09-2009, 10:48 AM
Although I never get in the pools in the winter time....being a southerner it just seems against my religion, when we were at WL a couple of weeks ago, there were lots of kids and adults in the pool.
The temps were in the 50's/low 60's so I am sure the pools have to be heated unless all of those people were in the 'polar bear wanna be' club.

Goofster
02-10-2009, 01:34 PM
We were there last week when the temps were in the 50s and we went swimming on a couple of days. However, the main WL pool was too cold for me (even though a lot of people were swimming on Friday when it was in the low 60s). We instead chose to swim in the DVC pool which was considerably warmer. We went swimming on a couple of days and didn't feel cold at all...granted, we're from Michigan...so temps in the 50s and 60s is a warm for us! :D