PDA

View Full Version : is there a discount for prepaying for stroller rental?

LoriSan
01-21-2009, 11:34 AM
any info is appreciated

Strmchsr
01-21-2009, 12:14 PM
Single strollers are $15/day but if you do a "length of stay" stroller rental it does drop to $13/day. Still a ridiculous amount. Honestly, if I stay for 5 days I've paid for a brand new stroller with nothing to show for it.

LoriSan
01-21-2009, 01:32 PM
Yes, a crazy amount. But, it will be just myself with DS, and it's too much to handle him, backpack AND stroller on the busses at the end of a long day.

Do you just pay for length of stay at the Stroller rental location?

jonahbear2006
01-21-2009, 02:07 PM
We just bought a new stroller and took it with and it proved to be worth it at the airport. Something some people do is to just buy a comfortable stroller and when they leave the park they hand it off to a family getting ready to rent one. That way you don't have to worry about it once you get home and you just helped someone else out.

Strmchsr
01-21-2009, 02:47 PM
Do you just pay for length of stay at the Stroller rental location?

Yep.

CleveRocks
01-21-2009, 04:16 PM
Even though Disney itself calls it "length of stay," its a misnomer ... it really means 2 or more days ... you don't have to pay to rent a stroller for every day you are staying at a Disney resort or for every day that you have tickets for.

The first time you rent, you pay for all the days in advance and receive the discount at that time. You'll get a strip of rental passes, each one good for one day or rental. This will be the VERY LAST TIME you'll have to get into what I cal the "pay line."

Now that you have your rental passes, you go to what I call the "pick-up line." They'll stamp ONE of your rental passes with that day's date, and you'll get a stroller. When you're done with the stroller, it would be very nice of you to return it to the rental place (but if someone wants to just rudely leave it anywhere, nothing "bad" happens to them).

If you return to that park later in the day or if you hop to another park later that day, you just show your date-stamped rental pass to the CM at the pick-up line, and BAM, you get a stroller.

The next day that you get a stroller in the park, present a blank rental pass at the pick-up line. They'll stamp it with that day's date and you'll get a stroller. Remember, you totally skip the pay line ... the multi-day rental saves you time as well as money.

I kept my rental passes attached on that one strip, just so I didn't have a lot of little pieces of paper to keep track of and eventually lose. That strip is stapled to your cash register receipt. HOLD ONTO THIS! Just in case you don't use all of your rental passes, unused rental passes are fully refundable, as long as you have your receipt.

Tink276
01-21-2009, 06:03 PM
Personal, we loved renting the stroller & plan to do it again when we return in February! It does cost a lot & yes you could have purchased a very nice stroller for the same price, but the convenience of paying one time at the beginning of the trip, picking up the stroller at the gate, & leaving it at the gate when finished was nice! We didn't have to bring a stoller on the bus or monorail or worry about remembering to bring it to the next park the next day, it was already there and waiting! I think it is well worth its money even though it is costly!!:thumbsup: