PDA

View Full Version : How do I get it Back?

DonnaT103
01-20-2009, 09:28 PM
I left something in my room when I left this morning. How can I get it back?
Donna.

chrisb26
01-20-2009, 09:44 PM
I would call the resort you left it at and tell them. They should be able to send it to you.

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-20-2009, 09:51 PM
Yes, give the resort a call and if they have it, they will send it to you.

We forgot something on our first trip, and they mailed it back!

JPL
01-20-2009, 09:54 PM
Going to Pop this over to Accomadations :mickey:

Iluvpooh
01-20-2009, 10:11 PM
This happened to us on our last trip. Call the resort-they will connect you with the mousekeeping supervisor and he/she will help you in getting your item back.
Just an FYI-I left a white gold Cinderella's Carriage pendant on a white gold chain that my DH had special made for me for my wedding anniversary at OKW and the mousekeeeping lady turned it in and the resort called me before I even noticed it missing. The only thing that disappointed me was it was almost a month before I got it back. But, I guess that is better than never getting it back. Right?

TheRustyScupper
01-21-2009, 05:35 PM
1) If you call fast enough, it could be returned.
2) Wait too long and it could disappear.
3) Fortunately, most maids are honest enough to turn items in.

DonnaT103
01-26-2009, 03:31 PM
Thanks for the help. I tried calling right away, but my cover-up was gone. :sob: I had left it hanging in the closet of our room in Hawaii at the Poly. It was very unique as I had made it and I am sure there is not another one out there. It was turquoise Nemo fabric with a blue ribbon as the strapes. My DH has a matching shirt that I made for him. We used these outfits on our cruise and got quite a few coments. I am really disappointed that it is gone, either the suite host took it or the next guest in. :( The fabric is very hard to find up here but I am going to try and find some more and make another. Once again thanks for everyones help.

cindchan
01-26-2009, 08:33 PM
When I worked at a hotel, we gave the guests 90 days to call and claim the item. After that, it was given to whoever found it.

So yeah call. They'll mail it to you.

Tink#64
01-26-2009, 11:16 PM
So sorry to hear that you weren't able to get it back! My DM left her jewelry bag in her room at Pop & was able to get it mailed to her, & nothing was missing! She was so relieved! I believe that most people are honest, but there's always going to be one out there to spoil it for us! :(