PDA

View Full Version : Cabins and Fort Wilderness

b2baby5
01-20-2009, 07:44 PM
Just wanted to get some reviews from people who have stayed there....this is our home in September for a week and wanted to see what others thought of it! Thanks!:mickey:

ibrowse17
01-20-2009, 07:52 PM
Though we have camped at the fort many times, our first stay in the cabins was on our last trip just before Christmas. We LOVED it!! FW is aour favorite place to stay because of the atmosphere and the amount of things offered there. Our cabin was no let down. It had a full kitchen, a large bathroom and 2 TVs. The full size fridge was great to have as well, and was kept full of snacks we enjoyed on the deck. The only thing I was a little disappointed in was the lack of drawer space for clothes, but we made do. As an AF vet, I think you shall have a great time:thumbsup:

b2baby5
01-20-2009, 07:59 PM
Well I read alot of reviews on other websites that were not as nice as yours! but this was the one place that would fit all of us at a decent price and it looks like fun. I stayed at FW about 13 years ago and had a blast!

SFTrny
01-20-2009, 10:25 PM
FW is a unique vacation stay, whether you are camping or staying in a cabin. We've stayed in the cabins 3 ties now and LOVE it. Last time, I gave the family the option of staying at one of the better resorts and everyone voted for FW. You won't have all of the amenties of a full resort like GF, WL, or AKL....but you will get a very relaxing experience and an something that you won't find anywhere else at WDW. FW fans are a unique group who enjoy a real vacation that includes family time away from the parks.

We were committed FW fans after our first stay. We woke up early in the morning, with a Mickey wake up call - Stitch yelling "NO SLEEPING". We made coffee and had breakfast in the cabin as we took turns showering and dressing. Then...we all jumped in the golf cart and rode to the marina. From the marina, we took the boat across the lagoon, through the morning fog, to the Contemporary. Then it was onto the monorail to MK for the opening ceremonies. There has never been a more fun morning!

Perdita
02-01-2009, 10:25 AM
:cool:Any updates on the new pool? Will it still be done in time? We will be there in mid April

Kenny1113
02-01-2009, 05:01 PM
We stayed a FW cabins in 2006, thought it was great! Loved being able to do breakfast/snacks in the room. My kids loved the chip and dale campfire. The bus thing can get annoying though.

PrettyMinnie
02-01-2009, 05:10 PM
We did a sort of family reunion thing a couple years ago and the cabins worked great. You can have good meals and snacks without going out! :minnie:

CU Tiger
02-02-2009, 12:33 PM
You will LOVE IT! :thumbsup: We have stayed in the cabins each of the past five years and will be back in May. We like the ability to spread out. This is much better than a plain old hotel room. Have a great time.:mickey:

Mousemates
02-02-2009, 07:26 PM
we stayed there for three nights earlier this year and had a great time...our only negative experience was a grumpy bus driver...the extra space makes for a more relxaed feel after a long day of touring the parks...and if you have kids, the separate bed room and multiple sleeping options are a nice respite from the bed wars kids often have when they double up in full size beds at the values and non-CSR mods.

goofybiz
02-02-2009, 10:39 PM
Heard that the cabins been remodeled? Does anyone have pictures? Going in Feb :party: