PDA

View Full Version : Chris's New Year's Trip Report Part 4

chrisb26
01-20-2009, 07:41 PM
Day 5 Tues Jan 6th

Tuesday morning we woke up and drove over to Epcot. We were going to spend a while there and end up there in the evening to watch Illuminations. So when we got there we decided to look around and see how the park was today. To no surprise it was once again crowded. In fact Epcot was more crowded this day then it was when we were there on Sunday. We walked over to Journey into Your Imagination with Figment and that line was all the way to the door. Out of all the times I’ve been on that ride I’ve never had to wait in any line for this. The most was maybe one car load but this was pretty big in fact it took about 10 or 15 minutes which might not seem long but again I had never seen any line for it. After figment since Soarin was a super long line we decided to just go on Living with The Land. That ride was pretty cool I’ve always thought it was neat to see the different ways they grow plants. They also had that new thing set up where they had the fish and plants working together. After Living with The Land we went over to the other side of Future World to see how those lines were as I said before the Ellen Energy Adventure was closed for refurbishment which is why we did that the other day. Test Track still had a long line but the Single rider was only 20 minutes compared to the 40+ it was the other day. So we rode Test Track. That is probably one of my favorite rides at Epcot I know a lot of people have had it break down while they were on it but that hasn’t ever happened with me. After Test Track we decided to head over to Magic Kingdom to get a few things done since we had gotten there so late on Sunday we didn’t have much time.

When we got to Magic Kingdom we took some pictures of the decorations in the day time since I thought it looked cool with all the garland on Main Street and the Castle in the background. We first headed towards Tomorrowland and went on the TTA then we checked out Space Mtn. but that had a long line out the door and the fast passes were for too late in the day so we decided to skip it. Which was alright since my Aunt didn’t care to ride and I would be back in a couple weeks it was no big problem missing that or any other ride for that matter at least due to crowds. After we did that we headed towards Toontown to see Mickey and Minnie’s houses with decorations in them. I liked how they decorated them it fit in with the way the houses were built by not adding the realistic garland and trees and such. After Toontown we hopped on the train for our tour around the Magic Kingdom. That was a fun thing I’ve never gone all the way around before only half way so it was cool to actually do the entire thing. After we arrived back in Toontown we headed towards Fantasyland but since there wasn’t anything we really wanted to do we just went ahead towards Mansion and rode that again. After Mansion we went towards Frontierland and caught a showing of the Country Bear Jamboree. I really like this show last time I went on it we were in the back and you could barely hear what was being said since it seemed like the speakers were not working real great on top of that we had some lady singing very badly along with the entire show. But this time we were able to hear just fine and really enjoyed the show. After the Bears we went towards Splash Mtn. But then remembered it was closed so we went to check out Big Thunder Mtn but that had a long line and I didn’t feel like waiting especially since personally we would rather ride this after dark since it is way more fun. If you’ve never done Big Thunder Mtn after dark be sure to do it its lots of fun! We then made our way towards Pirates to ride that again this had a short line but nothing major. After Pirates we were getting hungry so we decided to go have lunch and watch Sonny Eclipse at the Starlight Café. After lunch we decided to go ride the TTA one more time and then headed started heading out of MK. First we stopped at some of the stores and we went in the pin store. I was surprised to see a bunch of Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Pins but was happy they had them so I picked some up. I guess since they didn’t sell them all at the party they decided to put them out for everybody! We then caught the monorail back to Epcot. I will say we were surprised that MK seemed to be less crowded then Epcot which is strange because MK always seems to be the most crowded for us. Maybe the parks were not as crowded as we thought and we just decided to go to the same park everybody else did every day lol

When we arrived back at Epcot we decided to take another ride on SSE. We decided what would happen if you selected a different language on the opening screen. We figured that it would just show everything on the screen in the language we selected. So we pushed Chinese I believe I didn’t know what it was to be honest lol but we pushed it. We were quite surprised when it started talking to us in that language and it continued though out the ride speaking that. I guess this is a great thing for people from other countries so they can understand what is being said but it was kind of annoying for us since we didn’t understand what was being said and we were not able to change it. It was even funnier watching the video we choose for the Jetsons Ending since we didn’t know what we were choosing when we choose it.

After SSE we decided to go walk around the countries again as it was starting to get late. I like walking though the countries at night when they are all lit up but for some reason this time it seemed like the paths we were walking on were very very dark. I wasn’t sure why it wasn’t more lit up but we dealt with the darkness. My Aunt stopped in England to get some Fish and Chips since she loves those and every time we are in Epcot she gets them. We continued walking thought he countries and me being the not adventurous person when it comes to food that I am ate in America but the cheeseburger I had was really good lol. We then walked some more and walked around the China Pavilion for a while since for some reason that is the only country we never walked around a lot we saw the warrior exhibit they have which was pretty neat then walked around the store for a while. At this time it was getting near the time to wait for Illuminations. So we choose a spot between Norway and Mexico to watch them. I had never stood there before. We used to stand in Mexico near the entrance to World Showcase and the last few trips have stood near Germany on the pier but we didn’t feel like walking back to Germany so we stopped there between Norway and Mexico. We still had about an hour so we sat and waited since it was a really nice night out it wasn’t too bad. This turned out to be a great spot it seemed like we were very close if you’ve never stood in this area before I would recommend it we really liked it. I also liked the rehab they did to the globe it seemed a lot brighter then it used to and we were able to see the screen a lot better then in the past.

After Illuminations we slowly started walking to the exit and made our way home.

Day 6 Wed Jan 8th

We decided Wednesday would be our break from the parks day so we decided to go shopping. First we went to the Mouse Surplus store which is about 30 minutes from Disney and in the middle of nowhere it wasn’t an easy place to find either I thought we were lost for part of it. If you’ve never been or never heard of it they sell a lot of stuff from the parks. I have no idea where they got it but they have it. They have a actual Horizons ride vehicle which can be yours for the low price of only $10,000 or a It’s A Small World sign for like $5,000 they had a lot of neat stuff. None however that I could afford and the stuff I could wasn’t that great. Still it was a neat place to check out but not so sure I’d go again perhaps if it was closer.

We then made our way to a couple outlets the first one that is located on 535 is not too large has a bunch of stores like VF and Gap outlets it also has a Disney Outlet I got a neat Steamboat Willie pin from them for $4 or $5 bucks which was cool. The Disney Outlet was also having a tent sale which had a lot of neat things I ended up getting a giant Mickey ornament for $10 this thing is huge no idea where I’m going to put it since it wont fit on my tree but it was neat.

We then went to the Prime Outlets located near I4 this place is a lot bigger and has a lot more stores but the parking here is terrible it is where the Dixie Stampede used to be it’s a real nice place but they need to do something about parking we probably drove around 10 minutes looking for a parking spot and we were not looking for something up close just any spot that they had finally we found one way far from any entrance. The Disney outlet they have here is neat it seems to be actually run by Disney since all the CM’s have pin lanyards on but I’m not sure if it actually is or not. They had a lot of neat stuff here also my aunt was the most excited about the license plate frame she had been looking for. For some reason they don’t seem to sell them in the parks anymore she was looking in almost every store for them.

After we were done shopping it was time for dinner so we decided to go to DTD to eat we chose the T-Rex Café since we had never eaten there before and it looked really cool we gave it a shot. My aunt and I really enjoyed this restaurant it was a lot of fun. If you’ve ever been to the Rainforest café it’s by the same people. However instead of a rain storm every few minutes they have a Meteor shower and all the Dinosaurs go crazy it was a lot of fun. They also have good food I had a cheeseburger and waffle fries both of which were good, my aunt had a chicken sandwich that she really enjoyed as well. After dinner we looked around DTD for a while then left and went home for the night.

faline
01-20-2009, 08:00 PM
It seems like you and your aunt are having a wonderful time! Fun couple of days!

mouseketeer mom
01-20-2009, 09:03 PM
Great report! Fun story about changing the language on SSE!

pdrlkr
01-24-2009, 09:54 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: