PDA

View Full Version : Cookes of Dublin?

PetefromRI
01-20-2009, 06:24 PM
How is this place?I noticed that it's down as a QS restaurant on the Dining plan.Would it be a great place for a QS meal and are the Fish and Chips as good as Harry's?Is it a good place for entertainment at night or is it connected to Raglan Road?

stitchaholic
01-20-2009, 06:48 PM
it is connected to ranglan road,it is the counter service for them,i plan on eating there this time around,i heard it is the very best fish and chips. my kids want to try the fried chocolate bars

Natazu
01-20-2009, 06:49 PM
1. It's one of my favorite CS restaurants. Keep in mind, though, that everything is deep fried except for the pot pie. The food is really good, fresh because it's made to order.

2. I haven't had the fish n chips but Rachel likes it as well as Ramsden's. I usually get the scallops or the sausages.

3. It's a separate venue from Raglan so you can't experience the entertainment.

PetefromRI
01-21-2009, 05:57 PM
Jym,I'm a huge fan of scallops.How are they cooked?

Natazu
01-21-2009, 08:15 PM
Jym,I'm a huge fan of scallops.How are they cooked?

They're sea scallops deep fried in beer batter. If you eat all the way to the bottom of the plate, there's a cardiologist's phone number printed on the paper.

PetefromRI
01-22-2009, 08:04 PM
Sounds liked they're cooked to perfection.I know what I'm ordering.I'll make sure that I remember my Lipitor.

Niecyboo
01-22-2009, 09:13 PM
I love the Pot Pie there. And just because it's not deep fried, don't worry. It can still keep those cardiologists in business.

I might try the scallops myself next time.

coloradowendyl
01-22-2009, 11:02 PM
It's the first place I put on my list of "must eat at" for each trip!

Love the scallops!

Wendy

andreallybadeggs
01-24-2009, 08:57 PM
They're sea scallops deep fried in beer batter. If you eat all the way to the bottom of the plate, there's a cardiologist's phone number printed on the paper.

:D:D:D

Crow
01-25-2009, 02:07 AM
I had the pie as a QS credit on 1 of my trips and thought it was 1 of my better CS meals
and i got a beer from next door to go w it.

A Big Kid
01-25-2009, 01:00 PM
I love the Pot Pie there. And just because it's not deep fried, don't worry. It can still keep those cardiologists in business.

I might try the scallops myself next time.

It was waaaaay salty for my taste.