PDA

View Full Version : New Pin Code received by email

The Hitchhiking Ghost
01-20-2009, 05:59 PM
It's not one that I'll be able to take advantage of, but the conditions were:

-$794 per adult, double occupancy @ value resort
-most stays Sun-Thurs 3/1/09 to 4/16/09
-must purchase 5 night/6 day package that includes room, tickets and dining.

**Kids ages 3-9 stay, play and dine for free when the above is booked.

I have no idea if this is a good deal or not, or if it will be offered to general public, just something I received over the weekend.

disneyfan328
01-21-2009, 07:34 AM
I rec'd this pin code as well and we are planning to be there a week later (arrive 4/24 ) but being that we are flexible with our dates I asked Denise at MJ to price it out for me as she is our agent for this trip. I came out to be more expensive and we would be going a week earlier (a week closer to the end of Easter) so we decided to stick with what we have.

BMan62
01-21-2009, 10:55 AM
It's not one that I'll be able to take advantage of, but the conditions were:

-$794 per adult, double occupancy @ value resort
-most stays Sun-Thurs 3/1/09 to 4/16/09
-must purchase 5 night/6 day package that includes room, tickets and dining.

**Kids ages 3-9 stay, play and dine for free when the above is booked.

I have no idea if this is a good deal or not, or if it will be offered to general public, just something I received over the weekend.

Just priced it out on the WDW site and guess what....It comes out to the full rack rate for two adults with basic park tickets and the CS Dining plan.
Two adult rate: $1487.66
Two adults + 2 children under 10: $1984.56
You would save ~$500 with this PIN.

I'm pretty sure you can get better deals out there.

disneyfan328
01-21-2009, 02:49 PM
just a quick note per the PP - I The CS or Quick Service dining plan is NOT an option with this deal. It is for the basic dining or premium dining only. That also adds in extra cost for the adults.

adoptionislove
01-21-2009, 11:53 PM
How do you get the pin code?

The Hitchhiking Ghost
01-22-2009, 12:04 AM
:confused:

Who knows, they come when they come. The only thing I know is that I've probably received more in the past year than in the five years prior combined.

This one came via an email, but I've also received them recently in the form of postcards. They are non transferable. I've lost track of how many posts I've read asking "how do I get a PIN code" and the answer is, only Disney knows for certain. About all you can do is sign up/register on as many authorized Disney sites that you can. It's no garauntee, but it can't hurt the odds of getting one.

momof3+twins
01-25-2009, 01:52 PM
I received this as well. And we need two rooms for our 5 kids and ourselves. Does anyone know how that would work? It has the potential of being a great deal for us but it is based on double occupancy. And how many kids would they allow on this?

doviasgirl
01-25-2009, 02:44 PM
I received a pin code by email also but it was 40% off value resorts with lots of dates available. We have been waiting for the free dining but when I priced this deal out and added the dining plan we were less than $20 difference than the price we paid last year for the free dining package. This had a lot more dates available (not available in Oct). It was a great deal for us. We already have tickets so we just purchased the one day ticket which you have to get to in order to get the dining plan. Great trip for around $700. This is the first pin code I have ever gotten.The Disney reservationist told me I could share the discount with friends who would be going with us. Great deal all around!!

Morpheous
01-25-2009, 11:19 PM
I actually got the same email, for the same dates, but for me the price offered is $594 per adult. Wouldn't really take it up though.. My family prefers the Hotels that have monorail access.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
01-25-2009, 11:40 PM
I received this as well. And we need two rooms for our 5 kids and ourselves. Does anyone know how that would work? It has the potential of being a great deal for us but it is based on double occupancy. And how many kids would they allow on this?

I don't have it in front of me, but I thought the fine print said maximum occupancy 4 people, which would seem to imply it is limited to a family of no more than 4 (2 adults - 2 kids). Maybe the three extras would be full rack rate? I don't know.

pixiesmimi
01-27-2009, 11:45 PM
I just received this offer today by postcard. I was wondering the same thing about if you had to have two rooms, what the extra charge would be. We would have 5 or 6. We are trying to figure out how good a deal this would be. Of course having two children 4 & 6, this is good that they are free, but what about the rest of it? How does it compare to the buy 4/get 3 free? It also says to ask about other dates and other resorts so does this mean it is good at other resorts than value and might be good through May even though it says April 16?

disneyfan328
01-28-2009, 07:39 AM
as far as comparing it to the buy 4 get 3 free deal it really all depends.

with this new pin code you have to purchase either the regular dining or deluxe dining plan - the QSDP is not a choice so if you weren't planning on doing dining this is going to increase your cost. Also with the buy 4 get 3 free deal you are getting the extra days for everyone free. With this new pin code you are only getting the kids for free (they don't usually pay to stay in the room anyway) so really its just their dining and park tickets.

Best bet I would say is to contact MJ and have them price out both for you - they will be happy to do so and then you can compare pricing and see what works better for your family.

good luck regardless

The Hitchhiking Ghost
01-29-2009, 01:52 PM
It also says to ask about other dates and other resorts so does this mean it is good at other resorts than value and might be good through May even though it says April 16?

I think as a general marketing strategy that Disney usually will list the value pricing in it's pin codes and general public discounts. Kind of "hook them" on the cheap rate and the get them to upgrade. I think that in general the pin codes should be available in each of the resort levels (value-moderate-deluxe). It doesn't mean every resort is included, or that there is availability, but you should be able to get the deal at any of the levels.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
01-31-2009, 11:33 PM
Interestingly enough, two weeks after I got the pin code via email, my wife just got the same pin code in the mail via post card.

It seems Disney is doing a full court press to get discounts out there.

pixiesmimi
02-01-2009, 02:21 PM
Yes, I think so too. The same has happened to us. We have gotten about 6 offers this past year or in the last 6 months. Unfortunately, except for the military discount, none are within the time frame we can go. I would love to use the one with the children free with our DGC but can't find a time to go that is within their time frame. I hope they offer it again.

Darbylew
02-01-2009, 02:39 PM
Ok, WDW has my email address but I never get
anything from them except my confirmation on
my stay. I hear that other people get emails
about deals but how do you get on the list??
:confused::confused: Give me a clue.......

DawsonAR
02-01-2009, 04:06 PM
I don't know how to get on the list....but I have received the pin code for the $794 per adult and the 40% off both by email and regular mail. For some reason Disney wants me back......they know I'm a sucker for a deal.

BMan62
02-01-2009, 04:13 PM
Interestingly enough, two weeks after I got the pin code via email, my wife just got the same pin code in the mail via post card.

Don't you believe it!! We have yet to get any discount pin codes or any offers that have not been made publicly.

6 trips in a little more than 5 years, signed up for all the newsletters, websites, etc. and still we get nothing. Maybe we visit too much!!! :thedolls:

mom2morgan
02-01-2009, 09:43 PM
Ok, WDW has my email address but I never get
anything from them except my confirmation on
my stay. I hear that other people get emails
about deals but how do you get on the list??
:confused::confused: Give me a clue.......
Order the free vacation planning DVD. I think that is how I got on the "list" because I got a pin code for 40% off accomodations. It makes sense - because the poeple ordering those DVD's might be just THINKING about a Disney vacation and still undecided - so they might give a discount to "push" them in the right direction ;-) I'd also recommend drawing a set of Mickey Ears on the floor and burning candles while chanting....(just kidding. Sort of. Who knows what actually works?)

BMan62
02-01-2009, 10:21 PM
Order the free vacation planning DVD. I think that is how I got on the "list" because I got a pin code for 40% off accomodations. It makes sense - because the poeple ordering those DVD's might be just THINKING about a Disney vacation and still undecided - so they might give a discount to "push" them in the right direction ;-) I'd also recommend drawing a set of Mickey Ears on the floor and burning candles while chanting....(just kidding. Sort of. Who knows what actually works?)

Nope, been there, done that -- we get them every year -- doesn't assure you of anything.

RevJATB
02-03-2009, 11:05 AM
Got the postcard yesterday for "kids stay, play, and dine for free." (It is for dates we cannot use, sigh.) I thought, "Hooray! I'm on the PIN code list!" Then I decided to check my e-mail inbox search feature. Turns out I've been getting PIN codes from them since at least September of 08--maybe before, since my old computer got stolen and Sept. '08 is as far back as my e-mails go on my "new" computer.

Until I started reading the boards, I didn't realize what I was getting. As a matter of fact, I hadn't even opened some of those e-mails because I thought they were spam! Won't make that mistake again. :mickey:

Patricia
02-04-2009, 09:24 AM
So, after ten years, eight trips to WDW, one to Disneyland, a half marathon and several trip planning videos and DVD's.. I received my first pin code. :mickey: There really is no way to know when or how you will be acknowledged.

Sadly, I was just there at Christmas and can't go back before this April (the offered dates) unless ... the airlines have a deal too (heh), but I was offered $549 for 5 nights, 6 days (based on double occupancy) plus a 500.00 gift card. :thumbsup: Very nice offer.

pixiesmimi
02-05-2009, 10:10 AM
Whoa! That sounds better than the children free offer. I would have to do the math on that if I got one. Sounds like the offers are getting better and better.

BedknobsandBroomsticks
02-05-2009, 11:16 AM
Have you ever looked into a 2 bedroom villa. We are a larger family too and we love OKW.
We got a 40% off pin and used it. We are paying $367.87 per night for a two bedroom for 6 nights. Nov. 29th-Dec. 5. It sounds like alot but two rooms at a mod. is almost the same without discount and you get full kitchen, washer/dryer and they sleep 8. Just food for thought.

thumperbug
02-05-2009, 12:35 PM
I got pins for both the 40% off and the 5/6 with kids free offer. Both came in my maiden name which I haven't used since my honeymoon in 2000 so thats how I know which list I am on.

I have been to WDW 6 times in last 2 years (trip 7 coming up) and neither my husband nor myself under married name have gotton any new pins (except for our disney rewards card).

I think the lists are for people who haven't been there in a while and I hear that it is also for people who requested DVC info

disneyfan328
02-05-2009, 02:53 PM
I don't think it necessarily has anything to do with how long its been since you were there or DVC. We were just there is 2007 and have never requested DVC info and I have received 3 or 4 pin codes in the last few months, but always by email - never by snail mail so who knows what they base it on.

haley's mom
02-11-2009, 12:50 PM
Hope someone can help me out. Like a PP I too may have been missing out on these email codes. I receive a lot of junk email, and never open it up.

Can someone tell me the email address associated with receiving the pins?

Thanks in advnace!!!

MomTo3Tiggers
02-11-2009, 01:49 PM
Back when we went every year, I used to get a postcard every year with a pin and for a while after when we had to take a break for a few years. We finally went again two years ago and I feel like I've somewhere along the line signed up for everything I could think of, but nothing.

Oh well. At least I know Magical Journeys is going to find me the best rate available - but I'd love to have one of those pins show up!

disneyfan328
02-11-2009, 02:23 PM
I believe that the emails come from Disney Destinations.

pixiesmimi
02-12-2009, 09:02 AM
I check my junk folder every day because my computer puts a lot of things that aren't junk in it. I have to transfer a lot of it back to the in box. I would have missed out on a lot of Disney things if I didn't. Even when I add that address to my approved contacts, sometimes it misses them. So always check your junk folders and delete folders. But I have to say that most of my pin numbers have come in postcards. I don't think I have received but one or two by email.

Dsnygirl
02-13-2009, 09:05 AM

Not so much... I have yet to receive anything, and we don't fall into any particular "go too much", "don't go enough" type of category. I've called to check & see if there's a PIN code attached to our name - nope. I've called to make sure they have the correct e-mail, as well as that the correct "send me info" buttons are checked - it is & they are. I'm a member of every Disney site I know, I've requested new vacation DVD's and DVC information every year... we go maybe once a year... I'm an AP holder, and I don't even get THEIR special AP pin code announcements!! (I even sent a letter re: a poor experience on my last trip, and haven't even heard back about that yet.) Seems I am definitely in a Disney "black hole" for getting anything from them!! :confused:

So, I feel for all the PP that are in the same situation... seems they are targeting the same people too much, and leaving the rest of us out in the cold! :(