PDA

View Full Version : Value Resorts

cnoble1967
01-20-2009, 03:20 PM
Please give me your thoughts about the value resorts. We had planned to stay at CBR but I'm thinking about staying at Value Resort to try to save money.

If you think the extra money is worth staying at CBR please let me know.

Thank you.

MegPeg85
01-20-2009, 03:22 PM
I prefer Pop Century to the other value resorts. It's in a good location - close to the Boardwalk, MGM, and Epcot. It is also newer than the All Star resorts.

It's not the nicest, of course. However, I usually spend very little time in the room anyways. So staying at a value resort is definitely worth it. One day, after I have money, haha, I hope to stay at the Poly again.

magicofdisney
01-20-2009, 03:29 PM
Since the refurbishment at the All Stars, it's my opinion they are nicer than Pop. Last time I was at Pop (August '08) the room was run down and in bad need of repair. I've only ever stayed at a value (on my dime) and I am more than pleased with the accommodations. I can't say CBR is worth the extra money, but the savings at the values is tremendous to me. :mickey:

disneymom15
01-20-2009, 03:44 PM
We almost always stay at values. Our favorite is POP. We spend so little time there that it really doesn't make sense for us to spend the extra money on a mod or deluxe.

Itchy
01-20-2009, 06:42 PM
We have stayed at Pop, All Star Movies, All Star Sports, and CBR.

Although I liked them all I would think that the value resorts as good as anyother considering the little amount of time that we spend in the room.

But most of it is personal preference.

Hope this helps.:mickey:

wdwnomad
01-20-2009, 10:36 PM
Out of all of the value resorts my favorite is All Star Sports. Their rooms were just renovated so they are fresh looking. I also liked the layout of Sports better. It could have been just me but things seemed closer together there which made for less walking. The most important thing to me, and why I like Sports the best, is because of the transportation. I thought the buses there were great. A lot of the time Sports had its own bus. When the times it did share Sports either first one or first off. This was really nice.

pixiesmimi
01-20-2009, 11:16 PM
We usually stay at a value and the rooms have been fine as well as the quick service food court. But we have also stayed at the CBR and thought the extra money was well spent. We thoroughly enjoyed it and hope to go back sometime. If you can afford the extra, try it. If not, the values are fine.

MOJoe
01-21-2009, 10:07 AM
The differences between the value resorts and the mods are not great. But they are different. My experience has been that the value resorts have a fun, Disney feel to them, while the mods have a more relaxed resort feel. The values also seem more crowded. The mods have better facilities, with more dining and drinking options, better pools, and more entertainment.
But to answer your question, is it worth it? For every Yes! you are probably going to get a No! Everyone is going to give a different answer. The better question is to ask yourself, "What do i want out of this vacation?" And then choose the resort that feels like the best fit.

JerseyDad
01-21-2009, 03:25 PM
...only Value other than POP that I've stayed at was ASM....and it was (in my opinion) not as nice as POP. (hence the reason we've stayed at POP ever since) Since POP's the newest of the Value's...it just seemed to be "brighter" to me. The convenience of having its own bus is a BIG plus too.

...and...if you're one that likes to see the fireworks at night from your room / building...POP's buildings are 4 story vs. the 3 story buildings at the other Values....so there is a bit of an advantage to "see things".

disneydeb
01-21-2009, 03:33 PM
I have stayed at the Values and CBR. I prefer the Values!

Wherever you decide enjoy your stay.:mickey:

disneyers
01-21-2009, 06:33 PM
We went from only being Deluxe dwellers (Poly two trips in a row) to All Star Music this past December.

We were so worried we would dislike it, but to our surprise we LOVED it! We had just as much fun as we did at the Poly. Sure, we missed the monorail, but we found the busses to be no problem, even with two strollers and diaper bags.

And we really loved the money we saved! ;)

The only way you won't have a great trip is if you are one of those demanding people who expects nothing but perfection from every person/ event/ attraction at WDW, but then you wouldn't enjoy CBR either! I'd say go for it - have great trip!:mickey:

nanapop
01-21-2009, 06:52 PM
Right now with the specials being offered, CBR isn't that expensive.
But it depends what you want. We have stayed at POP and CBR and like both, but in different ways. With the grandkids POP is fun. But when it's just me and DH I love CBR.
If the savings will allow you to do some things you wouldn't be able to enjoy with a more costly room, then by all means take the cheap room.
Your favorite memories probably won't be the room you sleep in, but all the different fun things you did.

brownie
01-21-2009, 09:52 PM
If you'll spend most of your time at the parks and won't use the extra ammenities, save your money and stay at a Value resort. We've enjoyed our stays at All-Star Movies and I like the food court there.

JPL
01-21-2009, 10:47 PM
The question that comes to mind is how much are you saving? I mean there were times I upgraded with certain deals available where the difference per night was only like $10-$20. How many people are going to be in the room since the rooms at CBR are bigger this can also play into the decision. It's not always just about the money being saved.

Babyvett
01-22-2009, 05:02 AM
We stayed at the ASMu and loved it. We spend most of the time in the parks and so for us, its not a big deal to us to have the smaller room. As long as it has a bed, I'm happy. But if your one of those who likes to spend alot of time in your hotel, then you might want the larger room :)

TheRustyScupper
01-22-2009, 09:12 AM
1) I wasn't a resort snob, but just preferred amenities at Mod/Deluxe.
2) DD/SIL stay at ASMusic to save money for their family.
3) They invited us for the DD#1 12th birthday.
4) We had a delightful time.
5) We have done this with them twice.
6) I would recommend the place.

Tinkerbelly84
01-25-2009, 01:18 PM
I have stayed at the All Star Music, All Star Movies and POP and I loved them all! But I POP was my favorite by far. I liked not having to share the buses with the other values resorts. POP has it own buses.

doviasgirl
01-25-2009, 02:58 PM
We've stayed at the Value resorts and the Moderate resorts and for the approximate $50+ dollars extra per night I don't think there is that much difference in the rooms. Size wise rooms are about the same.

I would rather spend that money on a dinner each night at one of Disney's nicer restaurants.

TheMartellFamily
01-25-2009, 05:51 PM
We enjoy the POP and we have stayed at ASsports and enjoyed them both. We have never had complaints about either one of them. Yes Pop is always busy, but we just love everthing about it. The food court has a great selection and there are 3 pools and water spouts. For us we have two boys ages 10 and 5 and there is something for everyone to do there. It is a large resort but we love it.
At AS sports we enjoyed that too, my one DS loves sports and did not want to go. The pool area was very nice and the grounds were kept very clean. For us we enjoy the vacation we do not care where we sleep at night as long as we are on site. So what ever you decide will be ok since you are at WDW.

big blue and hairy
01-25-2009, 06:06 PM
...only Value other than POP that I've stayed at was ASM....and it was (in my opinion) not as nice as POP.
Do you mean ASMu or ASMo?
Since All Star Music has been refurbed and All Star Movies hasn't, that could make a big difference.

:sulley:

Jeff
01-25-2009, 06:22 PM
We have stayed at everything from the Movies to the Poly. We have had a great time at each and everyone. In fact, we prefer Pop over a couple of the much more expensive places we have stayed. The values have a festive/excited atmosphere about them!