PDA

View Full Version : Billy Mays or the ShamWOW guy

RBrooksC
01-20-2009, 12:32 PM
Ok, who is better? Billy Mays or the ShamWOW guy?

SBETigg
01-20-2009, 12:44 PM
We have about three threads on this ShamWow guy by now. Why the fascination? I think he's a huge cheeseball and I wouldn't buy what he's selling. I don't care about either one, but I chose Billy Mays because at least I can watch the commercials.

RBrooksC
01-20-2009, 01:04 PM
My guess is because both these guys are making a living being snake-oil salesmen. There is something just amazing about how they do their job. They are good at what they do. Yes, the products they shill need all the help they can get but just watching them is amazing.

scoot241
01-20-2009, 02:19 PM
ShamWOW guy's name is Vince Offer. In his commercials he simply refers to himself as Vince. He also has a commercial for the Slap Chop.

IamBelle
01-20-2009, 02:59 PM
I have to go with Billie Mays, Vince gives me the creeps.
Also, most of the products that Mays is the spokes person for work, idk if ShamWow works or not, sorry Vince. :)

PirateLover
01-20-2009, 06:16 PM
Billy Mays all the way, ShamWow Vince is just... I dunno. He just looks like a shyster.

DVC2004
01-20-2009, 07:58 PM
LOL, they are both sorta creepy if you ask me. Billy and that burger maker he is hawking with a special recipe for a Blly Burger. then that Vince and his fast talking. Billy looks like a friend of mine's spouse who also happens to be named Billy.

Anyway I voted for Vince because he holds some wierd fascination for me, maybe because he's newer. I've never ordered any of these products though LOL.

Now put me down for Appliance Direct (as seen on TV at WDW) with that guy and the lady screaming and banging the appliances shut all the time. I think the should go national!

chrisb26
01-20-2009, 08:40 PM
I like Vince. I've grown tired of Billy Mays he seems to sell everything and I'm tired of watching him selling things. Vince is new and I like him and his gimmic with the mic thing better.

Tink2002
01-20-2009, 09:47 PM
Why do you need the mic, Vince!?!? WHY, WHY, WHY??? You're on TV, we CAN HEAR YOU!

He skeezes me out a little, Billy all the way.

princessimagineer
01-20-2009, 10:16 PM
LMAO i love this thread. me and my friends are fascinated by infomertials, ESPECIALLY the shamwow one (and snuggies too)

vince and his mike fascinate me. but my favorite thing to watch is in the oxyclean commercials when things go from dirty to clean.

my roomate has the shamwow, and she said it works amazingly.

jennbunn
01-20-2009, 11:20 PM
i can't get enough of vince and shamwow!!!my dh hates him so i scream shamwow now whenever i want to bug him!!!

badkitty
01-21-2009, 02:21 AM
The "slap chop" just makes me laugh every time I see it. I voted for Vince. I hate the way Billy seems to scream everything. The only dynamic he has is "loud".

RBrooksC
01-21-2009, 08:44 AM
What I think is neat is they are polar opposites in the way they sell.

Billy Mays is all smiles and tries to make you feel good and happy as he is shilling his wares.

The ShamWOW guy tries to make you understand that you are crazy if you don't see the benefits of the product.

And I love it. I wouldn't but the stuff from TV however, I have bought Oxyclean and it did work on a Hawaiian Punch stain on my carpet. So, I was pleased with that.

Shugoondola
01-21-2009, 09:11 AM
Neither....I cringe when they both come on TV and hit the mute button asap. :mad:

:mickey:

PirateLover
01-21-2009, 07:55 PM
THe snuggie commercial is hilarious... I can't imagine ever taking something like that out with me to a game...but future DH got one for christmas and I have to say, it's awfully comfy material! (Although I think his version is called the "Slanket")

RBrooksC
01-22-2009, 11:42 AM
What I think is great and have wondered if it really convinces people is when they show you how bad it is the way "you are doing something" and the way "you could do it with their product." The over exaggeration the problem they are solving is fantastic. If I ever had those problems doing it the way I am doing it now, I don't think I could survive living alone.

IloveDisney71
01-22-2009, 03:12 PM
I wish you had a neither option. I can't stand either of them...we either hit the mute button or turn the channel because they are BOTH annoying! :ack:

sportsguy2315
01-23-2009, 11:00 PM
I went with Billy Mays, simply on the following story:

I was at a hockey tournament last month in what one could call a skybox, and there's a TV on with Nickelodeon. The TV's on about half volume, and I'm in the other end of the box. All of a sudden I hear "HI! BILLY MAYS HERE WITH (Whatever product he's selling)!" blasting through the box. I just found that pretty cool lol. Not only that, in Shamwow's case, if one of your bullet points is "Beware of Imitators", I'll just back away slowly from your product.

Dopey's Girl
01-24-2009, 01:15 PM
Did you mean to ask which is more annoying?! They both bug me, but Vince the ShamWOW! Guy is way worse!

His slap chop add makes me laugh. I love that he talks about how it's going to make your life so much easier. You can only chop like one mushroom at a time! It would take you ten years to make any meal at that rate!

LauraleeH
01-25-2009, 10:16 AM
I don't know who Shamwow/Vince is, but if you are all saying he's worse than Billy, he must be BAD! Billy Mays lives here in our area, so his commercials are always on. His voice is like nails on a chalkboard.

LauraleeH
01-26-2009, 11:41 AM
I don't know who Shamwow/Vince is, but if you are all saying he's worse than Billy, he must be BAD! Billy Mays lives here in our area, so his commercials are always on. His voice is like nails on a chalkboard.
It's funny because right after I posted that I saw an ad in the newspaper for SHAMWOW!!!
And now I remember who you're all talking about. For some reason, I can't remember him as being all that annoying. Maybe it's because I've seen his commercial once or twice. Billy is always on!! :sick:

gueli
01-28-2009, 04:59 AM
Why whatever happened to the original "hawkers" like Ed Mcmahon.
Its all basicly the same thing- Hawk your product- explain how easy & better it is and then throw in the extras.
I was once taught the basics for selling stuff & was out of work at the time. Went to brooklyn door to door- I even made a sale- but I knew I could never be a salesman even if I was good at it. Not the life for me.

I dont like either, but I dislike Billy more (because I see him more). Thank goodness for the remote control.
:mickey:

TinkerbellT421
01-28-2009, 08:40 AM
I also wish there was a neither option! I find both of them to be way creepy and wayyyy to annoying. I cant even watch a second of theirs commercials. If the remote is close by I usually change the channel....They kind of remind me of the Burger King King.....WHOA! Now that BUrger King dude is CREEPPPPYYY!! THe commercial where the girl wakes up in bed and hes like BAM right there staring at her....WHOA....foot to the face is all I can say....But either way......Nope cant stand either....:thedolls:

Aurora
02-05-2009, 10:08 AM
...WHOA....foot to the face is all I can say....

:funny: :haha: :funny: :haha: :funny: :haha: