PDA

View Full Version : ShamWOW!!

RBrooksC
01-20-2009, 09:59 AM
You will be saying "WOW!" every time.

"You followin' me, camera guy?"

It is like watching a car wreck but every time I see Vince Offer the ShamWOW! guy I have to watch. I don't know if is the delivery, the microphone or the feeling you are standing at a Home and Garden show watching a pitch, but I get mesmerized. The product is just your basic synthetic shammy but that commercial is fun to watch.

jclightchasr
01-20-2009, 11:59 AM
I agree my wife and i both are mesmerized by the guy and I have worked trade shows and currently am in sales. He has a great convincing presentation. If there was one question I had its the cola/carpet presentation which is very impressive but not reality because most carpeting has a pad under it that would prevent the liquid from coming up that easily unless you got to it immediately. I haven't bought one yet but probably will in a "as seen on tv" store.

tinklover
01-20-2009, 12:43 PM
I hate to be a kill joy but if you watch that commercial closely once he pours the cola and he lifts up the carpet piece and lays it back down there is still a small bit of soda outside of teh carpet on the counter but when he goes to start cleaning it up there is no soda on the counter what so ever lol. I to like to watch vince sell stuff like the slam chopper or what ever it's called. I wonder how many takes it took for him to get the old chopper that does not open , into the sink?

Tinkerbella
03-07-2009, 01:48 AM
Does anybody else get the feeling that Billy Mayes may have possibly been a mentor to this Vince guy? LOL!

I work nights at a hospital and we always keep the TV on in the department. Whenever this commercial comes on my coworkers and I go crazy!

"This is in real time"

"It's made in Germany. You know the Germans always make good stuff"

Also, I feel it necessary to describe my annoyance with Billy Mayes! :ack: I swear he'd sell his mother if he thought he could make a quick buck!

pink
03-09-2009, 01:21 AM
It's a Shamscam.