PDA

View Full Version : What's the deal with El Pirata y El Parrot

Gator
01-19-2009, 09:04 PM
I don't know if that's the exact name, but I do know that it's closed everytime I'm there. The menu looks good. It works well as an overflow for Pecos Bill Cafe, but is it ever open?

garymacd
01-19-2009, 10:02 PM
El Pirata Y El Perico is only open seasonally when they expect large crowds. Many of the menu topics are available at Pecos Bills.

With Pecos Bill closing for refurbishment, I expect El Pirata will be open more often.

Just my opinion.

Tink#64
01-19-2009, 11:47 PM
I really "like" the term "Seasonally"! :D I put this on my list of possible eateries every trip, and in 5 trips it's never been open! We like to try new things, but sometimes our problem now is that everyone has their fav's & it's hard to fit something new into our routine! But the menu sounds like there'd be something we'd all enjoy & I think if it's ever open when we're there, we'd definitely give it a try!

Aggie97
01-19-2009, 11:55 PM
We arrived at WDW the Saturday after Thanksgiving 2007. According to the MK Times Guide, El Pirata y El Perico had been open until 3 or 4:00 that day. :mickey:

WDWfanatic742
01-20-2009, 12:08 AM
Looks like it will be open until Pecos Bill Cafe reopens.

playdead88
01-20-2009, 06:12 AM
I really "like" the term "Seasonally"! :D I put this on my list of possible eateries every trip, and in 5 trips it's never been open! We like to try new things, but sometimes our problem now is that everyone has their fav's & it's hard to fit something new into our routine! But the menu sounds like there'd be something we'd all enjoy & I think if it's ever open when we're there, we'd definitely give it a try!

too funny - it has been on our list of places to try every year too - but every year its closed - heres hoping its open in may this year :)

goofysbabe
01-20-2009, 07:59 AM
We ate here the first time we went to Disney, and LOVED it - they have really good tacos! I keep putting it on my list as a gotta have, but it's NEVER open!!!! We were just there at Christmas and I thought for sure it would be open - Nope I was wrong.

Diznee4Me
01-20-2009, 09:49 AM
I love El Pirita y el Perrico! Great taco salads! It has been closed our last few trips also - maybe one day I will get to taste those wonderful taco salads again! :D

kathiep
01-22-2009, 08:26 AM
We always hope - but we've never seen it open.

Magic Smiles
01-22-2009, 04:49 PM
It was finally open on one of our last 2 visits. However, I didn't feel like eating at that time. I think that it was only open for lunch.

Ropachs
01-22-2009, 06:51 PM
Always been closed for us too, MUCH to my dismay. I wish they would consider closing down another restaurant once in a while and keeping PyP open!

IamBelle
01-24-2009, 07:52 AM
We never seen it open, but their bathrooms are open! We walked through to go see if they were open, and it was sort of sad looking, all the registers covered over...but, when we were there, some of the tables were blocked off because they were painting, so I had a feeling they would open it eventually.