PDA

View Full Version : Dining Reviews from 1/11

Dawneeeey
01-19-2009, 08:30 PM
Hi all!

Me again with some more dining reviews.

Travelers: Me (40) and DH (35)

Breakfast: Forgot to mention on previous post, we are on the regular dining plan. We used a QS and a snack credit for breakfast. We went to the Main Street bakery. He had some sort of egg sandwich, coffee and juice. I had a bagel and milk. I think. Forgot to write this one down. So maybe it was 2 snack credits and a QS. Anyhoo.. it was average.

Food: B
Service: A

Lunch: Cosmic Rays - since DH used a QS for breakfast, he paid for his lunch here and got the 6 chicken nugget deal with chips and a drink. I got 8 nuggets, grapes, a drink and a no sugar added brownie! DH at this point was not fond of a dessert with lunch so it was fine that we paid for his meal. I really wanted apple slices but they didn't have them, so grapes was a good 2nd choice. I don't like chips (I know, I'm weird). The food was decent! I liked the nuggets more than I thought I would.

Food: B
Service: B - nothing bad just, it's counter service, at lunchtime. It's busy.

Dinner: This was my birthday dinner!!! We went to CRT for our 7:10 reservations. We did arrive a little early and Cinderella wasn't there so instead they sat us right away and said we could come back later for photos. For dinner I chose the castle salad, prime rib and chocolate cream cheese buckle for dessert. I had iced tea to drink. Really, if it wasn't iced tea it was milk. I am a creature of habit. DH had the spring rolls, prime rib and the mocha espresso creme brulee. DH hasn't met a creme brulee he hasn't liked. :)

Also - during the fairy godmother part, our server brought me a little cake with a candle, I ate that too. :D

I love this restaurant. I think it is beautiful and the service was great. The food was great, although they ran out of fingerling potatoes and served mashed instead. Honestly, I wouldn't have noticed except the family at the next table mentioned it to the server and she ended up bringing them a plate of them when they came out!!

I went down for my photos in between my meal and dessert. By the time I was finished dessert, the photos were brought to the table! So quick!! We thought we'd have to wait a while!

Food: A
Service: A

I will have more reviews coming soon!!!

mouseketeer mom
01-19-2009, 09:11 PM
We liked CRT alot too. We knew we'd be struck by the ambiance of just being in the castle for a meal, and we were really surprised how terrific the food was as well!

SBETigg
01-20-2009, 08:32 AM
Sounds like a wonderful castle celebration for you! The rest of the day sounds good, too.

LorrieP
01-22-2009, 05:51 PM
We are going in June for my birthday and I've been flip-flopping on goint to CRT for my birthday dinner. Well, you've convinced me!!

The countdown is on!!:cloud9: