PDA

View Full Version : Our Crazy Christmas Present Family Trip -Day 4

RocknBev
01-19-2009, 07:19 PM
Today is our last day at WDW :(
The rest of my family is heading to AK but DH and I are going to enjoy WL and then head over to DD.
DS, DIL and Kate come over and we have breakfast at Whispering Canyon. It really is one of our favorite places for breakfast. We love the fun atmosphere and it definitely kept Kate entertained. DH always tries to sneak a ketchup bottle from someone else's table but of course it doesn't work that way and we end up with 10 bottles!

We walked around the resort and enjoyed the morning. After packing, and shopping in the mercantile shop, we headed over to All Star Sports to pick up Dbro's and company's luggage. It took a little longer to get over since the marathon was still going on. Some were running and a lot of walking. I don't blame them....I would have been on a guerney by then!:ambal:

Anyway, I was concerned that there would be a problem picking up DBro's stuff but of course the CM's were on top of things and knew exactly what was going on. We loaded the bags and headed to DD. I love World of Disney. I expected them to have the Mickey throw that I had seen as a purchase special in the parks but they didn't. Information told me that they always carry something different and the throw was exclusive to the parks :(. I called Dbro and they got one for me...fortunately they didn't want it and they were spending the $50 required.

Dh and I loved DD...and stroll in and out of all the shops. We typically spend more than the cost of our entrance in the parks buying stuff. I found more ornaments for my Disney tree (which is still up on Jan 19:blush:) and some gifts for later. We just sat and people watched for the longest time.....WDW is a great place for doing that you know!

For lunch, we had a sandwich at none other than Earl of Sandwich. It was fabulous of course. There were tons of people in there with their Mickey metals...and some even with Mickey, Donald, and Goofy....meaning they ran the 1/2 and the marathon. I personally think they are crazy but I congratulated them whole heartedly!:thumbsup:

At 2:00, we picked up DBro at the entrance of AK. The security CM let us drive right up to the taxi line to pick them up. Very convenient! Dbro and company loved EE...and rode it several times....that is my favorite ride as well....I love roller coasters! My niece hated Bug's Life....she said it reminded her of Stitch's Great Escape. It told her she was crazy...it was nothing like it. They made it KS early in the morning and got to see all of the animals out and roaming which was very cool for them.

On the way out of the park, we saw the clean up crews. It is amazing how effiecent the clean up crew WDW has to put the race area back in order..clean as a whistle. There were parts of the race area, that you would have never known a race of thousands of runners had been hours earlier....they are that good....of course they are....it is Disney.

It was sad to leave but it was tons of fun. It was a much different trip than the last 5 trips DH and I have taken by ourselves. It was fun to be with other people especially the Disney newbies! I can't wait to go back! I have already contacted Terrisue at MJ about booking my WL rooms again! I got to do a lot of things I never do when it is just DH and me. We like it like that....new adventures!

We celebrated family this year....what will you celebrate?

mouseketeer mom
01-19-2009, 08:21 PM
Loved your reports! Loved your signature about Celebrating your family. Thats great. We are celebrating DD's 13th birthday in March at WDW! Thanks again for the reports.:mickey:

faline
01-20-2009, 12:24 PM
Great trip with a nice, relaxed ending!

sleepingbooty
01-23-2009, 06:30 PM
Sounds like you had a wonderful time! Thanks for sharing it with us:thumbsup:

Bethis26fan
01-24-2009, 12:48 PM
Thanks for sharing.

pdrlkr
01-24-2009, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: