PDA

View Full Version : Rates for late November early December (past Discounts)

aurora, ariel, and bell
01-19-2009, 05:13 PM
Just reading another thread on whether the 4/3free is a good deal, people were mentioning that it depends on the resort you want to stay at.

We are thinking of going late nov or eary December and can anyone tell me the rates they got in 2008, and is it better to look into a deluxe resort at this time rather than mod. usually stay at POR, but would love to try either poly or Beach Club.

There would be 2 adults and 2 kids ages 3 and 4.

What are the typical discounts for this time of year.

sndral
01-19-2009, 06:51 PM
I don't think 2009 will be a 'typical' year, discount wise, because of the economy. That said, I googled 'disney historical discounts' and found a nice chart of what became available & when for '06-'09.
Generally, discounts including Dec started being offered midaugust for '06,'07,'08.
However, many have already received 40% off room pins via snail or email for some fall/winter dates, including parts of Nov and Dec for '09, so I expect to see more offers sooner than in years past due to the economy.

Bethis26fan
01-19-2009, 07:19 PM
I don't think 2009 will be a 'typical' year, discount wise, because of the economy. That said, I googled 'disney historical discounts' and found a nice chart of what became available & when for '06-'09.
Generally, discounts including Dec started being offered midaugust for '06,'07,'08.
However, many have already received 40% off room pins via snail or email for some fall/winter dates, including parts of Nov and Dec for '09, so I expect to see more offers sooner than in years past due to the economy.

We got one of these in our e-mail. We will be booking in a few days.

aurora, ariel, and bell
01-19-2009, 07:59 PM
Boy your lucky, did you travel at this time last year? I would love to get that.

What are the discounts normally

tyandskyesmom
01-20-2009, 11:48 AM
This past November Chase thru Disney Visa was offering free dining.

Last year we arrived on January 1 too and we got a free ticket upgrade to hoppers with the water parks and more but i do not remember if that was the beginning or the end of the special pricing.

Don't know about room only discounts as we have taken advantage of these in the recent past.

MirandaC
01-20-2009, 03:10 PM

Can you tell me a little more about this? Is there somewhere you sign up for this or is it only given to certain people? Sorry to sound so ignorant, but I am fairly new to Intercot! :blush:

The Hitchhiking Ghost
01-20-2009, 06:03 PM
This past November Chase thru Disney Visa was offering free dining.

I'm pretty certain that was the first time Disney has ever offered free dining during December. I think the only guaranteed discount during Nov/Dec would be by booking a AAA discount, which if you go at value season at a moderate is a 20% discount. I think the deluxe discount is less, either 10 or 15%.

bwk99
01-21-2009, 05:23 PM
Last year about this time we received a 40% discount for several dates throughout the year, including the 1st couple weeks of December.