PDA

View Full Version : Would could TTA become?

Imagineer1981
01-19-2009, 02:03 PM
If you had an option to update TTA, what would you do? would you expand the track? would it have more special behind the scenes looks at attractions? I think it could be cool if it had a 2nd stop at a "space station" where galaxy theater is now. That station could be a new attraction or something

MickeyMousse
01-19-2009, 02:09 PM
I think it would be great if they expanded the track to go further around MK!:thumbsup:

Laughin' place
01-19-2009, 02:11 PM
I like the idea of adding more scenes , so long as there arent too many changes to the current experience. It might be outdated or corny to some, but we really love it as it is. The soundtrack, jokes, and views are a must -do part of any night for us at the MK.

jray21
01-19-2009, 02:44 PM
I think they should expand it and use it like Walt wanted to, as actual transportation. It would be so much easier if it went around the park like the train. You could get off and on a lot quicker and easier. It would be even better if they could expand it to all four parks! Could you imagine taking the TTA to any of the parks. That would be great, and I bet it would be cheaper than the monorail. :thumbsup:

EPCOT84
01-19-2009, 02:55 PM
I would add another diorama or two, and some lighting effects inside like they do in some subways now. Also some subways have ads that 'move' as the car goes by. These would be simple cost efficient changes I think something that would bring folks back more often but keep to the current theme. Even some simple glowing still characters like in the Fantasyland dark rides would be fine.

disneymom15
01-19-2009, 03:23 PM
I'd like to see the track expand. It would be very neat to be able to see the entire park from above. My favorite part right now is when the tta travels outside to see all the lights at night. I also like the idea of it traveling thru all 4 parks. That would make park hopping so much easier.

kathiep
01-19-2009, 04:28 PM
Another vote for expansion! We love riding it and we would be thrilled if we could use it to get from one spot to another.

goofy for pluto
01-19-2009, 05:17 PM
Tomorrowland was "redesigned" in 1995, it was meant to be a "community. Stitch, when it was Alien Encounter,was the Tomorrowland Interplanetary Convention Center, TTA is the "commuter system" of Tomorrowland. CoP is the museum and history center (watch the pre-boarding film with Walt at the World's Fair). Space Mountain is "another fine transportation system provided by the Tomorrowland Transit Authority". And the Speedway? It's the "sports and recreation" of Tomorrowland.
This information was taken from a post by Main Street Jim.

So you see If the TTA went all through the park it would not really be the Tomorrowland Transit Authority anymore. I say leave it alone, I like it the way it is. :mickey:

mickeys_princess_mom
01-19-2009, 06:03 PM
Yes--add some more track, please. Just enough to reach to my house, so I can hop on and head right back in anytime...:cloud9:

EPCOT84
01-19-2009, 06:04 PM
:exactly:as goofyforpluto said. Keep it in Tomorrowland, improve some of the dark nothing going on parts but other than that be greatful you still have the TTA. Remember Disneyland got rid of it's People Mover and things really aren't the same. Hooray for the People Mover / TTA !

Daisy'sMom
01-19-2009, 06:19 PM
As long as they leave the element of the TTA, I will go along with expansion. The whole park would be nice. :mickey:

Raye3201
01-19-2009, 06:20 PM
I like the way it is now with the track just being in tomorrowland but it would be cool if it expanded to other areas of the park too.
It's our favourite ride....a great place to cool off and relax and some of my favourite pictures of all time are of an exhausted, tired 5 and 4 year old beaming ear to ear on TTA. I just wish they'd finish so it would be open when we get there in June!:mickey:

gwfx1031
01-21-2009, 12:07 PM
I agree with adding some diorama and effects. I had the chance to ride the Rocket Rods at Disneyland for the brief time they were there and operable and it paled im comparison to the TTA.

WDWNut02
01-21-2009, 04:31 PM
I wouldn't change a thing. I am an old soul and enjoy the nostalgia of it all.

SubNET3
01-21-2009, 08:57 PM
I kinda miss when it went though Delta Dream Flight through the Paris scene I believe, more to look at then the Buzz Light Year window, Maybe some more original park models along the indoor route as well, or something to do with extinct attractions in the Metro Retro Historical Society Section.

dteed
01-21-2009, 09:48 PM
Nothing, it is perfect, leave it alone along with COP. The WDW I knew as a child is alive and well in these and other attractions. Pretty them up, make them new again, but leave some things alone. If things need to be added then add on to the park somehow.

wdwfansince75
01-22-2009, 12:56 PM
I would rather see it duplicated than expanded. I have thought for some time that a People Mover around Future World at EPCOT would be great, boarding above innovations and getting a bird's eye view of the attractions and of the International Showcase. Perhaps themed along the lines of the Horizon vehicles....

As for the TTA itself, some update to the diorama, and perhaps a gallery of past attractions would be a nice touch, but I enjoy it as it is....But as I have learned from PoTC and HM, sometimes perfection can be improved....with a little Magic and Imagineering.

4ubie1
01-22-2009, 01:31 PM
I would love to see it expanded to other parts of the park. Imagine the awesome trip one could take through different parts of MK. It would be sooo relaxing plus I would think it might help alleviate foot traffic and scooter traffic. People who have trouble getting around could just hop on the TTA and ride to a certain part of the park or ride around seeing different attractions all in the comfort of their own car. :cloud9:

raider97
01-23-2009, 12:22 PM
Tomorrowland was "redesigned" in 1995, it was meant to be a "community. Stitch, when it was Alien Encounter,was the Tomorrowland Interplanetary Convention Center, TTA is the "commuter system" of Tomorrowland. CoP is the museum and history center (watch the pre-boarding film with Walt at the World's Fair). Space Mountain is "another fine transportation system provided by the Tomorrowland Transit Authority". And the Speedway? It's the "sports and recreation" of Tomorrowland.

So you see If the TTA went all through the park it would not really be the Tomorrowland Transit Authority anymore. I say leave it alone, I like it the way it is. :mickey:

Neat!! I didn't know that. :)

SignguyTom
01-23-2009, 05:43 PM
Yeah... Expand it throughout the park. If they had a few more enter/exit stations, whaddya wanna bet they'd put them in a gift shop....:thumbsup:

pink
01-23-2009, 06:09 PM
I love TTA but I wouldn't mind it being longer. I would also like, what others have said, more stops like they do for Buzz Lightyear and Space Mountain. I would love to have it peak into all of the rides in Tomorrowland like Stitch, Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor, etc. :mickey:

kemps@wdw
01-25-2009, 12:07 AM
:ditto:

Granny Jill A
01-26-2009, 01:49 PM
It's one of my favorite rides in all of WDW. I would love to see it expanded to include at least 3 other lands. The train has several stops, and TTA could fill in the gaps.

Imagineer1981
01-26-2009, 02:33 PM
I agree that it shouldn't be expanded to other parts of the park, just a bigger presence in Tomorrowland

BriarRose
01-26-2009, 02:42 PM
I agree with adding some diorama and effects. I had the chance to ride the Rocket Rods at Disneyland for the brief time they were there and operable and it paled im comparison to the TTA.

Rocket Rods, while not the most horrible attraction, was a horrible replacement. And example of what looks good on paper doesn't translate to reality. Nothing like seeing fire extinguishers every few feet.

I really miss the People Mover at DL. When we go to WDW, it's a must. It's a great kick-back-your-feet attraction.

Slayerfan
01-26-2009, 05:00 PM
My boyfriend and I love the TTA just as it is. We ride it at least 6 times every trip. Its a great break in the day to stop, feel the breeze and massage sore feet while enjoying the scenery of Tomorrowland. The views at night are equally amazing while riding. :thumbsup:

That being said if they ever decided to make changes to it my only suggestions would be make it longer within Tomorrowland so that it does peek into all the attractions as Pink suggested and put in a few more dioramas with a nod to Tomorrowland's past attractions as wdwfansince75 and others have suggested. :mickey:

Giggy
01-26-2009, 05:45 PM
If it were to be expanded I would say keep it to Tomorrowland. Simply because it's the Tomorrowland Transit Authority and it would be a bit silly for it to have a stop in Frontierland for example.

Tekneek
07-10-2010, 11:14 AM
Let's see...

I'd build a big city, an experimental prototype community of tomorrow. I would then use the TTA to get people from the downtown/city center back and forth from the lower density neighborhoods out at the edges of this thing I'd call EPCOT.

:balloon:

plutosnana
07-10-2010, 12:22 PM
Bring the old audio back!!!!

Now approaching Walt Disney's carousel of progress!

Now approaching Mickey Star traders!

O how I miss it!

Bring it back! Bring it back!!
O and I think they should have a quick walkthrough Stitch's great escape also!

:goofy:

Mrs Bus Driver
07-11-2010, 08:57 AM
I am on the side of expanding it to other sections of the park. I still remember the skyway at DL. It went from TL to FL. My parents used it many times to move tired children (me and my sisters) from one side of the park to the other. This way they could avoid some the crowds during summer. Point is Disney needs more then just the trains and this would make it a more popular attraction. Just my :twocents: :mickey:

LauraByTheSea
07-11-2010, 09:47 AM
Like others have said, keep it in Tomorrowland, but add some "stuff" to it. It needs a few props or something to fill the dark gaps... Don't get me wrong, I LOVE that ride, it's one of my favorites and I could ride it over and over, but it just needs a little teeny boost...

madhatterrules
07-12-2010, 09:04 AM

I really miss the People Mover, I agree keep it as it is...:mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-12-2010, 07:00 PM
DD and I love the TTA! I don't want to see it expanded all over the park, the lines would be crazy and it wouldn't be the same.

I few more things to look at, peeks inside the other attractions in Tomorrowland could be neat, and I love a previous idea of some "moving" posters.

But, in general, I love it just the way it is.