PDA

View Full Version : JPL's Festive Holiday Fun Day 2 Part 3

JPL
01-19-2009, 02:01 PM
December 12th
Part 3
Epcot

I headed out of DHS and was off to Epcot or so I thought. I got to the bus stop and I would say the line was about 2 buses long. We were already waiting about 25 minutes and the people on the line in the front were obviously there much longer judging from their comments. I said Ok looks like I will get on the next bus but this changed rather quickly as 1 large party with a scooter pulled up just as the bus arrived. The driver began to load the scooter which took him about 15 minutes and no I am not exagerating. While he was loading the first scooter a 2nd one pulled up and he finished with 1st and started loading the 2nd yup you guessed it another 15 minutes and the other Epcot buses were circling around since there is no room for 2 buses to pull in. Finally that bus pulls out and another one pulls in and here they come running in front of yet another scooter. This driver was at least a little faster loading and then we started to load the bus just as the doors closed they pulled a 2nd bus in blocking our bus sinc eby now the line was all the way back around the corner. It literally took over an hour and a half to get from the studios to Epcot. I planned on grabbing something to eat before Illuminations but didn't have any time. I walked aroudn took some pictures and then grabbed a spot. I will say if you haven't seen the Holiday Tag for Illuminations you really don't know what you are missing. I think they use more firewirks during that than the entire show. It was EMHs so I figured I could get some food and then enjoy some attractions but it was packed beyond belief. I grabbed a pretzel and soda to hold me over and started heading over towards JIYI. I had my room key out and ready and it was not checked I eve tried to show the CM and she just waved me through. After my visit with Figment I decide to check the line at Soarin 90 minutes so I skipped it and moved to the Seas. Again my Key was not checked and they just waved me on the ride. The line was relatively short but still why put a policy into place and not follow it. I headed towards SSE and the line was rather long and the CM was still not checking cards. I stopped at the PIn Central and looked around for a bit and made way to Mousegears which was so packed you could barely walk. I check the line for TT and it was over 70 minutes. At this point I decide it was time to hea dback to my room and grab some food back at the resort. I got back to Pop at around 11 and went to my room to grab my mug and then head to the food court. I was a bit disappointed that only the Italian section was opened sbut was so hungry I decide to have a pizza. Actually since I knew exactly what to expect it was ok. I filled my Mug and headed back to my room.

Next Up Magic Kingdom and my Big Mistake :sick:

faline
01-19-2009, 03:01 PM
Seems like a rather disappointing evening all around!

dolphinmickey9170
01-19-2009, 03:22 PM
Okay, what an evening. Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

JPL
01-19-2009, 03:27 PM
Disney Transportation was terrible this trip :mad:

mouseketeer mom
01-19-2009, 04:11 PM
Oh, I can feel your frustration. I hate that feeling, when you're just swimming upstream.

Tinkerbellaella
01-19-2009, 04:33 PM
I am sorry your day was less than happy.

I know my comment will not go over well with some...This is just my feelings and experience...

I too have been those long lines counting how many buses you think it will be and then comes the scooter... They get loaded first no matter when they came to the line. I know the bus driver doesn't know when the scooter arrived, but then comes another scooter as they are loading and they get on. I am not complaining about the length of time it takes to get them on the bus. I just feel Disney can make the lines for the buses a little wider so everyone can use the same line.

yjgirl32
01-19-2009, 06:09 PM
sorry to hear you didn't have such a great day.

disneydeb
01-19-2009, 06:31 PM
We had no problem with the bus system. I guess we hit it lucky as we were there the same time you were. I enjoyed meeting you and talking with you!

Patricia
01-19-2009, 07:36 PM
Sounds like it was a busy night. Did you at least get some Viking coffee?

JPL
01-19-2009, 09:53 PM
Nope no Viking Coffee :(

pdrlkr
01-24-2009, 09:27 AM
Sorry about your day. :(