PDA

View Full Version : Our Crazy Christmas Present Family Trip -Day 2

RocknBev
01-19-2009, 12:54 PM
Today was an early morning and the family was not very happy with me. The boys had at 7:15 ADR at Chef Mickey's and the girls were dining at CRT. They loved dining with the characters they just wished I had made it later. Since we were all staying at differnt locals, we met up at CR.

Now let me say that this is where Disney transportation can be an issue. Going from resort to resort is a problem especially that early in the morning. DBro at POP didn't have a car so he would have to take the bus to MK then either Monorail or walk to CR. I could take boat to MK and I think they had something to CR. But who wants to figure it out that early in the morning. I don't remember. DH would have nothing of it. He picked up DBro and we went over to CR just because the timing of transportation could have been a problem....he doesn't like to be LATE...ever.

We dropped off the boys and headed over to the park via Monorail. I have never had an ADR in the park prior to opening and it was a wonderful experience being in the park when the streets were so empty! :cloud9: We took lots of pictures on our walk to the castle and the photopass guy took some as well and it is very cool that we have the castle in the background without tons of people!

Anyway....I LOVED dining at Cindy's. :cloud9: I think it was probably the most wonderful experience at Disney....and I am 45 years old! Cinderella was exactly as I thought she should have been! My niece who is 17 was as excited as I was to be in the presence of a princess! The castle is lovely and the unfortunately when I am rushing around with DH I never get to stop and notice how beautiful it really is! Anyway, I loved the food and the service. Snow White as always my niece's favorite so we took lots of pictures with her. The princesses were gracious and didn't act like they needed to hurry to the next table. I found the food to be very good! I can't wait to take my granddaughters! Of course I will have to wait a couple of years since they are only 6 months and 5 months now.:baby:

After breakfast we meet up with the rest of the family to ride Space Mtn. (Of course on our way there we ran into Snow White's adventure because we knew the boys would never do it!) Space Mt is one of the first rides I ever rode at WDW as a teenagers so I love it. We hung out in tomorrowland and found the crowds to be very light. Buzz was a 5 minute wait. Stitch was no wait...and after I left the ride, I can't understand why anyone would ever want to ride it! YUCK! :sick: We then went to the Monsters Inc. This is the first time we had ventured into this show. I loved it and found it very funny.

The rest of the day was fairly typical...Teacups, POC, Thunder Mtn., and being disheartned that Splash Mtn was closed. The one thing we did that DH and I typically don't do is wait in line to get autographs of characters. My niece was all about getting the autographs of various princess including Wendy, Alice, Peter Pan, etc. So we made quite a few stops to stand in line to get those pictures and autographs. I enjoyed it myself....then we found the little place in the back where you can stand in line to meet the princesses. Jess (my niece) LOVES Belle. She was disappointed that breakfast didn't include her so she asked that we go she if she would be one of the princesses in waiting. The wait was longer than I thought it would have been but it was well worth it....Belle was there along with Cinderella and Aurora. Although we already had our own pictures with Cindy and Aurora, it was nice to have the photopass folks snap some pictures. Jess enjoyed talking with the princesses and I understood why the line moved the way it did. It was well worth it and I would do it again ( and will when my granddaughters are ready)!

After meeting the princesses, DH and I headed out of the park to meet up with DS, his wife and our own princess, Kate (6 months). DS and wife are running in the 1/2 marathon on Saturday and we are keeping Kate which means heading over to their resort the All Star at 3:00 am.

We have dinner at ESPN and head over to ALL Star to make sure we have everything ready for the 3:00 switch. We go to bed at 8:30 because we know it is going to be a long day. We are going to EPCOT on Saturday and pushing full steam ahead! There is no stopping on Saturday regardless of how much sleep we get!:alarm:

faline
01-19-2009, 03:09 PM
Nice day! Glad you got to visit with so many princesses!

dolphinmickey9170
01-19-2009, 03:37 PM
Sleep? Who needs sleep? It's highly over-rated. Haha. When we did CRT, Belle was there, but she was in her blue dress with white apron. Sorry you missed her.

Thanks for sharing.

mouseketeer mom
01-19-2009, 04:21 PM
Oh, I agree, CRT is just wonderful and magical. Thanks for reporting on your MK day!!:mickey:

pdrlkr
01-24-2009, 09:19 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

Bethis26fan
01-24-2009, 12:39 PM
Sounds like another nice day thanks for sharing.