PDA

View Full Version : Garden Grill or Tusker House?

TinkerMel
01-19-2009, 12:10 PM
Which would be the best restaurant for my DS's 5th birthday celebration, dinner at Garden Grill or Donald's Safari B'fast at Tusker? Do they even do anything special for birthdays at breakfast? He wants the classic Disney characters (since the Power Rangers are not available for a meal). For DD's 5th bday, we had a wonderful experience. She had been to BBB and was dressed as Cinderella. We were the family that opened 1900 Parkfare and Cindy took her hand and led her to our table. They had a birthday place setting, and brought a small cake with a candle to our table. I want his celebration to be special, as well. What do you think?

dolphinmickey9170
01-19-2009, 12:16 PM
I think the Garden Grill would be a better choice. The experience in the revolving restaurant is always a treat. We love the food offerings at GG, the catfish is delicious!! They do have a cupcake with a candle for bithdays, but if you want something extra special, call ahead and get a small 6inch cake. Hope everything is to your liking!!:mickey:

cardinalsfan_98
01-19-2009, 01:03 PM
I think the Garden Grill would be a better choice. The experience in the revolving restaurant is always a treat. We love the food offerings at GG, the catfish is delicious!!

Couldn't agree more!!

I know this wasn't a choice, but have you looked in to Best Friend's breakfast at O'hana's? Last time we were there, Mickey, Lilo and Stitch were hosting.

luvmyboys4ever
01-19-2009, 01:43 PM
We thought Donald's was just plain horrible. It was super crowded, cramped and noisy. The characters were so quick it felt like an assembly line. Not very personal or special.

We haven't tried Garden Grill, but it's on our list for the next trip.

I would also recommend O'hana with Stitch. It is wonderful. We go every trip :thumbsup:

DDuck66
01-20-2009, 11:12 AM
Even though I love everything and anything about Donald, I would have to vote for GG. Since LTT is non character, GG is our favorite dinner character meal. Interaction is really good and the tables are set up better for a party. They also serve you, so you will not have people getting up and down to refill plates.

Beast_fanatic
01-20-2009, 11:25 AM
We had a really nice experience at breakfast at Tusker House. The food and character interaction were both very good. I don't know if they do anything for a birthday or not though. They did do a little "parade" around the room (similar to at Chef MIckey's).

tyandskyesmom
01-20-2009, 11:34 AM
Tuskerhouse for any meal!!!

We have been to Breakfast and lunch two times each...LOVE IT!

The food is great, the place is not too cramped. At breakfast the characters ate plenty and have spent enough time with us. Both trips we were celebrating birthdays and all meals we were given a huge cupcake and candle and sand Happy Birthday to. They also found a way to pack up the cup cake for the day because we were so full from eating there already.

We have not been to GG but it does not appeal that much to me...but the choices do not compare.

Hayden's Dad
01-20-2009, 12:12 PM
These are actually our two favorite character meals, but if I had to choose I would pick Donald's Safari Breakfast. One you can get into AK early, but this has always been a good experience for us. :mickey:

mouseketeer mom
01-20-2009, 12:19 PM
At the Garden Grill, Mickey Mouse brought out a cake for my DS's BD and held it while we sang and he blew out the candles. We didn't even ask for it, our server arranged it!!! Garden Grill is one of our faves on Disney property.

#1donaldfan
01-20-2009, 12:42 PM
We thought Donald's was just plain horrible. It was super crowded, cramped and noisy. The characters were so quick it felt like an assembly line. Not very personal or special.

We haven't tried Garden Grill, but it's on our list for the next trip.

I would also recommend O'hana with Stitch. It is wonderful. We go every trip :thumbsup:

.....don't give up on Donald's Safari Breakfast just yet....we did it just this past New Years Day and it was GREAT.....!!! The food was above par, the character interaction was very good, especially noting the time of year and crowd level....plus the atmosphere is above average when it comes to Disney.....:cool:

beksy
01-20-2009, 01:03 PM
Garden Grill is my favorite character restaurant. Our server was fabulous and the characters came by several times each and spent extra time interacting with us (more so than in any other character meal). We were on the bottom level and loved the revolving too. The food was a hit for us as well! It was a last-minute decision to go but is now on our must-do list every time. :thumbsup: :party: