PDA

View Full Version : Trying to Decide When to Go - Feb or March 2009

dntccc
01-19-2009, 10:41 AM
We have decided to take a trip to WDW. We would like to go when crowd levels are not too bad. I have checked a book and website of which I do not think I am allowed to name the title of on this forum. This book/website has a crowd calendar that shows wait time of the "big" attractions such as Splash Mountain on a 1 - 10 scale (1 = < 14 min wait time; 10 = > 90 min wait time - or something like that). We wanted to avoid Spring Break crowds and I thought we would need to avoid March all together to do that. However, according to the crowd calendars, the wait times are about the same for the month of Feb and the first two weeks in March - mainly 5 - 6 level (with the exception of a few days during President's Week and during Mardi Gras in Feb. where it shows a level 7). For those that have been during these times, do these predictions seem accurate? When do the Spring Break crowds start at WDW? The best time for us to go would be the 1st week in March but this is somewhat flexible.

Beast_fanatic
01-19-2009, 11:43 AM
Disney considers Spring Break time to start around President's Day and continue through Easter. Attendance does vary week by week depending on how many school districts happen to have a particular week off, so it's difficult to know when the least crowded weeks will occur.

I will say that I didn't feel those estimates were all that accurate on our trip last December as the days they ranked 5's felt more like 7's to us.

Nurse Kim
01-19-2009, 06:12 PM
We went this past March 11-17 and I think 5s are pretty accurate. That is why we are planning to return March 3-13 2009. The weather was perfect. My kids even swam in the hotel pool almost everyday. We stayed offsite which we will NEVER do again but we can't wait! Just 42 more DAYS! :cloud9:

DDuck66
01-20-2009, 11:29 AM
The later you go in March, the bigger the crowds you will experience from Spring break. On the other hand, the earlier you go, the more unpreditable the weather can be. It was sunny and warm yesterday (65) and today the high is only in the low 50's with the temps dropping to the low 30's tonight!!!