PDA

View Full Version : Contemporary - Construction

nutsfordisney
01-19-2009, 07:06 AM
:mickey: Hello everyone. I am new to this site and have been reading for the past 2 days everyone's comments on all different things about Disney. Thanks to all of you! :thumbsup: I have a question regarding the construction at the Comtemporary. When will construction be completed? I am staying at the Comtemporary in June - a tower room overlooking MK and I want to know if you can hear the construction noise in these rooms? Also - I read on another unofficial disney website that the bathrooms near the pool are nasty and not kept clean. Has anyone experienced that? I am truly thinking about changing my reservation to the GF. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Ian
01-19-2009, 09:45 AM
Bay Lake Tower isn't scheduled to open until September 1st, so I would assume in June there will still be construction going on.

ThanxForNoticin
01-19-2009, 12:29 PM
I certainly can't guarantee you anything, but I have to expect by June, much of the construction will be going on INSIDE the BLT building. They'll also probably be working on the lake side of the property where I think they'll be building the pool and recreation area. I doubt very much their work will impact your location. Actually, if you are in the tower on the MK side, you won't even see the new BLT building - it's closer to the lake.

As for the restrooms by the pool, I have to tell you that 'unofficial' report you read is completely false. We were just at the CR pool a couple weeks ago, and the restrooms / changing rooms are quite clean and acceptable.

Have a great time!