PDA

View Full Version : Caribbean Beach Resort.......What area to request?

WDWRox
01-19-2009, 06:05 AM
This coming Saturday begins our next WDW trip. We'll be staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort. I'd like to know if anyone has any suggestions on where to request a room. We'll have two small children with us and an adult or two who don't really do well with long walks. So I was thinking that we'll need to be close to the main building and the food-court area, if they're near each other. Which section would that be?

jensantuit
01-19-2009, 06:35 AM
We have only stayed at CB once and I would avoid Trinidad South which I believe is one of the areas farthest from the food court. We had along walk in the morning to get breakfast and fill our mugs at night. Over all the resort is very nice. Hopefully someone else can help you with an area that is closer.

RedSoxFan
01-19-2009, 08:25 AM
When we went, we had requested Jamaica 45 which is on the other side of the bridge to the food court. However, we didn't get our request and were in Barbados, Bldg 11. It was a long walk; but I don't think it was that bad -- maybe 5 minutes or so.

Dsnygirl
01-19-2009, 09:27 AM
:mickey: I would definitely call and request Jamaica or Aruba, they're both directly across the lake from Old Port Royale, which is the main building. It has the food court as well as Shutters, their sit-down restaurant, and gift shop. (which is great... :blush:) The walk is really nice -- you go across Caribbean Cay, their "private island", which has picnic tables, sand volleyball areas and hammocks... it's a lovely walk. I would request either building 44 or 45 in Jamaica, or building 51 in Aruba. Both are closest to the crossover. I've been told you can call when you are 5 days out from your arrival date, ask to speak to the "room assigner", and I would be sure to mention your family's walking needs w/ the request... they usually try very hard to accomodate things like that. Good luck, and have a GREAT time!!

mickeefan
01-19-2009, 09:48 AM
We have not stayed there in several years, but before that around 20 times.
We always requested Martinique, buildings 25 or 26, if they have not changed anything.
You are almost beside OPR and it takes only a couple of minutes to get there and the bus stop is just a short walk across the parking lot behind OPR.
My guess would be that they are now what is called preferred buildings, but not certain.

princessat37
02-06-2009, 10:20 PM
is there a map of the grounds?

It'sWDW4me
02-06-2009, 10:50 PM
is there a map of the grounds?

Check out AllEars.net. WONDERFUL site!

CBR's map is at allers.net/acc/cbrmap.jpg

Have a fantastic time on your trip. :mickey:

It'sWDW4me
02-06-2009, 10:51 PM
oops! :blush: