PDA

View Full Version : Nine Dragons

pinktweety
01-18-2009, 07:48 PM
Can anyone tell me what they think of the food here? We are trying to plan now for our Dec trip and were thinking of doing this restaurant as part of the Candlelight Processional package but we need feedback on choosing this or Garden Grill.

ginger19
01-18-2009, 08:27 PM
We ate there in November and it was surprisingly good. I thought their selection was good, the service was great and the portions were great. The food itself was excellent. I had the noodle sampler to try something different and I loved it. They have some less adventurous stuff of course and a kids menu. I haven't eat at Garden Grill so I can't compare but we are very picky and would go back here.

WishesFan13
01-18-2009, 09:11 PM
I haven't eaten at the Garden Grill either, but Nine Dragons has become an every trip meal for Dh and I. I haven't been since they redid the restaurant, but i really liked the decor before and am looking forward to seeing it the next time we go. The honey sesame chicken is great, the portions are big enough to share if you want and it's reasonably priced. Ok i'm getting hungry.:eat:

ElenitaB
01-18-2009, 09:30 PM
I totally agree with Ginger starting with the "surprisingly" continuing onto the delight with the noodle sampler entree. I had always discounted Nine Dragons on the basis of our experience at Lotus Blossom. I think we'll definitely be going back!

That said, Garden Grill is also one of our favorite character meals.

So I would say your choice depends on what kind of experience you're looking for and how close you want to be to the amphitheatre when you're done dining. You really can't go wrong at either restaurant.

DreamFinder2
01-18-2009, 09:33 PM
I didn't love it as much as the previous posters. It's typical American Chinese food...not that much more special than what you could get in a mall's food court. The service was good, portions were large and the atmosphere was OK. Having said that, we've never gone back.

ASweetLov
01-19-2009, 12:35 AM
My Fiance and I love Nine Dragons. The portions are large and the food is delicious. I love the Honey Sesame Chicken and my fiance absolutely loves the Five Spice White Fish.

pinktweety
01-19-2009, 01:07 AM
Thanks for all the responses. I think we will try Nine Dragons.

SurferStitch
01-19-2009, 10:01 AM
You will love Nine Dragons!

DH and I dine there every trip. We were lucky to dine there right after the refurb, and it was wonderful (they actually had reopened early).

The food is excellent, and the presentation is beautiful....NOT standard food court fare. I've also noticed that the quality of the meats used is higher than at regular Chinese restaurants....no fatty or gristly pieces in the red meat or chicken (like I often see at your basic Chinese takeout place), and the shrimp and scallops are huge and plump.

Service is top notch. We had an incredibly friendly and knowledgeable server when we were there in October. He really made our meal a lot of fun.