PDA

View Full Version : Coronado Springs Review!

Dawneeeey
01-18-2009, 06:26 PM
Hi All!

DH and I stayed at CSR from 1/10 - 1/17 for my birthday.

I did not request any particular building because DH had called the resort and asked them to deliver something and was afraid if I called and asked fora certain building, it might not get delivered.

So - we checked in around noon on 1/10. I was given a "I'm Celebrating!" button when the CM saw on the reservation that it was my birthday. We were assigned to Ranchos 7B and our room was ready! We were on our way!

7B is very close to bus stop 4 and the main pool, but not too close to El Centro. Our room was on the 2nd floor and faced the quiet pool.

I actually loved the resort. It was beautiful and clean. I found the location to be very convenient. We are not huge breakfast people so we didn't go to the Pepper Market for breakfast. In fact, we only ate there twice.

My only issues with the resort were minor, but worth mentioning.

1. There was no remote control for the TV in our room. DH called the front desk and they said they would deliver one. Next day, still no remote. Called again, same deal. Still no remote. We stopped in El Centro and talked to the concierge, the next day - remote! Yahoo!

2. DH called on the Monday prior to our trip to find out if there was something he could do for my birthday as a surprise. They said they could deliver balloons with a card signed by the characters!! Fantastic!! He also called the day before we left on our trip to verify that the balloons would be delivered on my birthday. They were not. DH was not happy. When we spoke to the concierge about the remote control, he had me walk away so he could discuss the balloons. They arrived 3 days after my birthday. This was not a deal breaker for us, but it was a bit of a disappointment. What was weird though was that a friend of mine sent a bottle of wine for my birthday, and I got that no problem!!

3. Mousekeeping. This is picky, but.. I made coffee one morning in the room. It took 3 days to get replacement coffee and accompanying sugar, creamer, etc. Since DH didn't like the coffee, it wasn't a huge deal and considering our effort to get a remote control, it wasn't worth the bother.

So - I would absolutely stay here again. I loved the theming and the architecture. Rooms and resort were very clean. The queen beds were nice and spacious. The pool was fantastic, although we were in it only once since the weather decided to follow us from MA to FL (a wee bit chilly)!! The bus service was great, except the day of the marathon, but that was to be expected!!

:D

Disney Doll
01-19-2009, 07:00 AM
Thanks for the review. We are staying at CSR for the 1st time next week and it's always good to hear that other like the resort.

buzz2001
01-19-2009, 09:43 AM
Sorry about the issues you experienced. Happy Birthday though!! Glad you still enjoyed the resort. They are replacing all the TV's with the flat panel ones. Probably lost the remote for that tv somewhere down the line.

kakn7294
01-19-2009, 10:05 AM
You know, I'm beginning to think all CSR's problem lie in building Ranchos 7B. That's where we were and we had issues too. We had no coffee replacement for 3 days - after leaving a note and calling for some twice. I thought the building was dirty - our room had some unidentifible stains on the carpet (fortunately not in the traffic lanes) and the same garbage lay in the stairwell for the entire week. We did have a remote though! And the new beds were very comfy. As far as the birthday balloons, we had the same issue with DD's birthday at POFQ 2 yrs ago so it's not just CSR. We never did get ours delivered. Glad you had a nice stay despite the few glitches.

Mousemates
01-19-2009, 10:37 AM
You know, I'm beginning to think all CSR's problem lie in building Ranchos 7B. That's where we were and we had issues too. We had no coffee replacement

Kind of odd, but we also had a coffee issue in Ranchos 7B during our stay there for new years. We didn't have any of the other issues with cleanliness thou. We like CSR (and the queen beds at a mod price) and plan on staying there again.

mrmcgiv
01-19-2009, 12:18 PM
funny, we had issues with 7B too. Not clean, broken door on entertainment center/armoire and the big one was an adjoining room that we did not want. That would not be specific to a certain bldg...but overall 7B was king of yucky!!! Mousekeeping did not bother to clean coffee pot filter

JPL
01-19-2009, 08:00 PM
Reluctantly I am staying here again in June but ht e 2 times I stayed there before I have had some sort of problem. The first time it was with air conditioning in August :eek: The second time was only a 1 night stay but the room was far from clean :ack: Then they would not let me use my Resort Refillable mug which I was told I could since it was a continuos stay. They wanted me to jump through hoops and purchase one of theirs and then go to the manager and get a refund.

I'm hoping for a better stay in June.

KatMark
01-19-2009, 08:19 PM
Reluctantly I am staying here again in June but ht e 2 times I stayed there before I have had some sort of problem. The first time it was with air conditioning in August :eek: The second time was only a 1 night stay but the room was far from clean :ack: Then they would not let me use my Resort Refillable mug which I was told I could since it was a continuos stay. They wanted me to jump through hoops and purchase one of theirs and then go to the manager and get a refund.

I hope you have a better stay too. We've been fortunate and had seven great stays. As for the refillable mug, that is because Pepper Market is not owned by Disney and they have their own resort-specific mug and they are very strict about it.

Dawneeeey
01-19-2009, 08:34 PM
I hope I didn't make anyone think that I didn't like staying here!! I actually loved the resort, just those 3 little tiny things happened that did not make or break our trip. I will say the remote control thing has happened to me many times while traveling (on business or other vacations not Disney). People leave the remote controls on the bed. The housekeeping staff just pulls the sheets off and puts them in the laundry. These things happen!!

Gator
01-19-2009, 08:55 PM
I've found that you can get extra things (towels, coffee) if you leave $2 tip each day or even every other day.

Hammer
01-19-2009, 09:16 PM

Jeff, as was mentioned, CSR is the exception to the continous stay rule for the refillable mug program. Never was a big issue for me as I don't usually get a refillable mug (we rent a car and pick up soda before arriving at WDW).

My recommendations:

1)Request a room in Cabanas. It looks as if they will be refurbished by June. These buildings are pretty close to El Centro. The farthest Cabanas building is like a 5 minute walk to the main building.
2) If they offer you Ranchos 7B, demand a change :D . I don't think there has been an Intercotee that hasn't had a problem in that building!

JPL
01-19-2009, 09:44 PM
I As for the refillable mug, that is because Pepper Market is not owned by Disney and they have their own resort-specific mug and they are very strict about it.

Yet they serve the same terrible coffee :sick:

KatMark
01-19-2009, 09:46 PM
Yet they serve the same terrible coffee :sick:

I agree with you on this! That is why I don't drink it--I get the cappucino--it's a little better than their regular coffee.

kakn7294
01-20-2009, 09:00 AM
If they offer you Ranchos 7B, demand a change :D . I don't think there has been an Intercotee that hasn't had a problem in that building!Maybe it's a "hidden" Disney attraction - like the worst resort building on Disney property! While this is definately not my favorite resort and I'm not in a hurry to stay there again, I do have to say that outside of the coffee and cleanliness issues in 7B, the resort is beautiful, the gift shop is huge and looked well-stocked (didn't really spend much time there), and breakfast at Maya grill was pretty decent considering the price of Disney food. Had we been closer to it, we probably would have tried Pepper Market but just never made it there. We also somehow never made it to the pool. Bus service was awesome! They were almost never full, even at the end of the day and travel times were shorter than I expected. And again, those new beds were soooo comfy! I hope you have a better stay this time too Jeff!

mrmcgiv
01-20-2009, 06:57 PM
Heck, we left $3 a day and could not even get a second round of mickey soap, evem when ours was almost gone. Had to ask for more coffee a few times too. n the end, we stopped leavving the TIP! GRRR!

I've found that you can get extra things (towels, coffee) if you leave $2 tip each day or even every other day.

Dawneeeey
01-21-2009, 07:35 PM
Ha! funny thing about tipping.. we left $2 on the bed every day and one day they didn't take it!!!

buzz2001
01-22-2009, 05:46 AM
Yet they serve the same terrible coffee :sick:Cafe Rix and the PM serve better coffee than the other resorts. In talking with the manager at the Cafe Rix, he told me that the coffee sold at the Cafe Rix is an Italian coffee, not Nescafe.

http://i39.tinypic.com/jaxc9y.jpg

badllamamama
01-26-2009, 07:53 AM
Thanks for posting!

thrillme
01-26-2009, 09:13 AM
Mousekeeping was O.K. I don't think they always really "cleaned" but it was OK we aren't really all that "messy".

Yes we were in the Rancharos. The others were FULL (or so we were told). I HATED the long walk to the front and I was annoyed at the "empty" people carts that would pass us up (only 2 gave us rides)...Yes yes yes...I know these carts are for conventioneers but...the distance from the Rancharos to the front is so far they ought to be for anybody who wants it. It's stupid that they ride empty. The walk from the front to the Rancharos was just tooooooo far. (I walk all day in the park...I have no desire to walk farther later)...As a result...we pretty much went from bus to room.

I also didn't like the Pepper Market. I guess it's possible that we just ate there too late.

lilolvr
01-27-2009, 12:36 PM
Thanks for posting! We also love CSR! Its such a beautiful resort with great bus service. My kids love the main pool area and playground.

We like the cabana rooms and don't mind the walk. We like to just walk around and look at the landscaping and flowers.

mjm12000
02-04-2009, 06:29 PM
Ha! funny thing about tipping.. we left $2 on the bed every day and one day they didn't take it!!!

I did that before at a WDW resort and they did not take the money either, so I got a great tip from someone. Take with you an enevelop for each day that you are staying (if one is not supplied) put your tip in it and write the name of your house keeper on it (they usually leave litte card with their name) and leave it in the sink (make sure it is dry) before you leave the room. You can also leave a little note requesting extra towels, soap, etc with the tip and I have found by doing this they will take the tip and 99% of the time give you the extras. I think if you leave the money out on a bed or table they must think it is not a tip and so to avoid being accused of stealing they simply leave the money.

stitchaholic
02-04-2009, 08:16 PM
we just returned from coronado springs,we had originally started out at pop century,but after the 3rd day i was just very unhappy and asked to upgrade resorts to one withqueen beds.we were very happy with the change and the nice queen size beds,the bigger room. we were in 7b and the coffee was always replaced the next day,rooms cleaned well every day as well.
i didn't mind the walk to the front,we didn't go there that much,and we loved being close to the dig site,my kids loved the pool and i loved the spa and icy daquiries!
i also did not love the pepper market,but i did love cafe rix,the coffee was delish,and so was the quiche.
i would definitly book there again,i was very satisfied,and had great service.

KatMark
02-04-2009, 08:52 PM
we just returned from coronado springs,we had originally started out at pop century,but after the 3rd day i was just very unhappy and asked to upgrade resorts to one withqueen beds.we were very happy with the change and the nice queen size beds,the bigger room. we were in 7b and the coffee was always replaced the next day,rooms cleaned well every day as well.
i didn't mind the walk to the front,we didn't go there that much,and we loved being close to the dig site,my kids loved the pool and i loved the spa and icy daquiries!
i also did not love the pepper market,but i did love cafe rix,the coffee was delish,and so was the quiche.
i would definitly book there again,i was very satisfied,and had great service.

Glad you liked CSR. Rumor has it Pepper Market is being switched to a buffet at some point in the near future like Boma. It is, unfortunately, an either love it or hate it place. We've not been since the queen beds were put in (they were putting them in when we were there last September), but we had been upgraded to a suite for our 25th anniversary and had a king bed...so no complaints from me.

Hull-onian
02-06-2009, 06:08 PM
If it's okay, I will speak for my niece. She loved CSR.:cloud9:

grumpydude
02-07-2009, 05:16 PM
The Pepper Market had alot of good food choices but the service stinks:-o

JPL
02-08-2009, 02:14 PM
Rumor has it Pepper Market is being switched to a buffet at some point in the near future like Boma.

I wonder if they are planning a new CS place to meet the needs of guests while I usually like buffets I think it would make more sense to leave Pepper Market as CS and convert the Mayan Grill which is usually empty to a buffet.