PDA

View Full Version : Just Milkshakes / Dessert at Sci-Fi?

BrerStitch
01-18-2009, 02:45 PM
Has anyone ever just gone to the Sci-Fi for milkshakes/dessert in order to see the place? Can you just walk up and do that or do I need an ADR for milkshakes? Info appreciated!:mickey:

LuvsTigger80
01-18-2009, 03:32 PM
would love to know the same thing...except for the brown derby...my hubby wants to try the grapefruit cake..but we don't want to eat a meal there....:mickey:

DizneyRox
01-18-2009, 04:10 PM
ADRs are strongly recommended at any table service restaurant. It really doesn't matter what you order, you'll need a seat, and that's what the ADR gets you.

Some restaurants don't really need them, but if you want to eat there, it's a good idea.

Natazu
01-18-2009, 09:01 PM
It's difficult to walk-up and get seated at any restaurant in a park, even one as bad as Sci-Fi. Don't worry though, when you make an ADR, you're not promising to have an entire meal. They won't toss you out for just ordering dessert. At Brown Derby, you've got to try the scallop & pork appetizer, though.

Luthien Tinuviel
01-18-2009, 09:23 PM
Hi,
We went to the Sci-Fi once just for an appetizer and no one seemed to have a problem with it. We also used to do that at the Brown Derby a lot. We didn't ever have a reservation, but that was in the days before the dining plan, so things have probably changed regarding walk-ups.

Fangorn
01-19-2009, 11:19 AM
We frequently stop by Sci-Fi just for shakes and fries. Even without an ADR, if you hit the place around 3pm, you stand a good chance of being seated quickly. It works for us, since the goal is to get out of the heat for a bit and have a snack.

Other than mid afternoon, though, you will want an ADR.

Steve

MegPeg85
01-19-2009, 08:00 PM
Another great place to get a milkshake is the 50's Prime Time Diner. I know for sure that you can get one at their bar area in the lobby. That's a great way to get the experience, without having to wait for a table.

PB&J shake is actually amazing there!