PDA

View Full Version : Buy 4 nights /3 free deal worth it?

megustamex
01-18-2009, 01:36 PM
I am so confused as to whether or not this is worth pursuing. I can't seem to bring up the rate on the Disney site (as others have mentioned). I have a pretty good AP rate booked at AK of $149 a night but I'm wondering if I can possibly do any better with the free nights? Doesn't seem like it but is anyone out there getting a really good deal with these rates? We have to buy new AP passes so I'd be willing to take the passes and apply the money towards a new AP, so that part of the package doesn't matter to me.

megustamex
01-18-2009, 01:59 PM
Okay, I just answered my own question! The rate actually WAS coming up even though it wasn't breaking it down - I could see it by purchasing only the 4 nights and the park hopper and it was the same price as buying seven nights through the "deal" link. But since I'm willing to go earlier in the season and take advantage of cheaper AP rates my $149 rate is way cheaper - by about $700.

CleveRocks
01-18-2009, 02:09 PM
The Buy 4 Get 3 Free deal worked great for me.

I had AAA rates for a split stay of 4 nights at Coronado Springs (water view) and 3 nights at Contemporary (tower-theme park view).

For the SAME PRICE, I got all 7 nights at Polynesian in the theme park view room. Not bad, all 7 nights on the monorail with a MK view versus only 3 nights in that position and 4 nights in a Moderate.

When I go on the website and try to book by trip without the Buy 4 Get 3 Free deal for the same dates, it quotes a price of $5091, compared with the $3248 I'm paying. So yes, I'm thrilled with the B4G3F promo!!!

iadarolas
01-18-2009, 04:28 PM
I think this promotion can save a bundle of money. We booked a 10 day stay at Beach Club with dining plan and hopper tickets, for our parents as a gift. We would have never been able to do this without this promotion. It was a few thousand dollars cheaper. I think the total cost of the package was just under $4000. Not bad at all for WDW Deluxe Accomodations.:cool:

cindchan
01-18-2009, 09:28 PM
Well, I certainly took advantage! I get three free days at DISNEY!! Oh, yeah! It's worth it!! :number1:

E-Ticket4
01-18-2009, 10:05 PM
It worked for us and my DH and I have annual passes. We booked thru Denise at MJ, and got the 4/3 at POR for me, DH, DS11, DD13. The cost for us $1820(?) and the $200 gift card. A AP discount room rate came out and that with 2 MYW passes for the kids came to $1580. So using the AP really only saved us $40 or so taking into account the $200 gift card we plan on using for food. We also get 2 extra MYW passes with the 4/3 promo that if we dont use, since DH and I can use out APs we can cash in their value when we renew our AP's.
Did any of that makes sense? LOL
In the end - it was better for us to take the 4/3 then the AP discount

megustamex
01-19-2009, 01:51 PM
Thanks for the responses. It seems like it depends on whether or not you are staying in a resort that offers heavily discounted AP rates. It always seems like there are great AP rates for AK and WL and that they aren't as good for some of the other deluxe resorts, so as I was searching it seemed like the 4/3 deal was really working out well for places like the Poly, Boardwalk and GF. But when I tried it for the WL it just wasn't saving me any money over the AP rate. But it's so hard to compare apples to apples on the packages.