PDA

View Full Version : anyone stayed on deck #2

sara114
01-17-2009, 10:45 PM
I could only get joining staterooms on deck # 2. Has anyone stayed on this level? If so, how was the noise level? Is it bad being down low?

Ed
01-18-2009, 06:43 PM
On our first cruise, we were on deck # 1, about 2/3 of the way toward the stern. We really didn't notice any noise; it was actually quite comfortable.

ElenitaB
01-18-2009, 09:58 PM
Our last cruise we were in 2564. The noise level was not bad at all nor was it bad being "down so low." Honestly, the location wasn't bad. It was only one flight up to several of the restaurants, one flight down to go offshore and two flights up to the theatres.

sorcerer fan
01-19-2009, 10:43 AM
we were there in august and had 2062 and it was fabulous. you're close to all the restuants and get no sense of movement at all. we were midships and just off the main lobby and stuff there. had to elevate to the top decks for the fun stuff, but no big deal.

brdavis
01-23-2009, 10:38 AM
We were on Deck 2 for the same reason our 1st cruise, and loved it - very little motion, big portholes, easy access to everything but the top deck (and therefore the fast food and drink station... actually the only drawback I think). Quiet as well (we were near the stern, IIR). We've done a cabin on Deck 7 (I think it was), and the next cruise we're right back down on 2... and looking forward to it.

One bonus not yet mentioned: watching the brightly lit waves and breakers being tossed away from the side of the ship at night was a magical (even for Disney) experience. There were times I just put my head on the porthole and watched for 5-10 minutes, and I ended up taking video as well - one of those overlooked bits of magic if you haven't been cruising.

--
Brian Davis