PDA

View Full Version : I think my DH is an addict!

mudpuppysmom
01-17-2009, 04:53 PM
So yesterday DH says to me out of the blue.....(since DS#1 had no school due to FRIGID temps here)....

Gee, IF we had some spare $$ we didn't know what to do with I could have told you from work last night to book us a flight and go to Disney today!

Now, taking into account, DS's school was cancelled Thursday night around 7ish...AND he is off until Wednesday.

So, DH thought we could just hop a flight Friday morning and stay until Tuesday night!!

Gee, that is a good thought in theory I thought......and wished we had some spare $$ laying around.....I would have booked us Friday afternoon after he said this and we'd be there right now!!

No other time does DH really ever mention when we "should" go back and I never thought he had it in him to think about future Disney trips on a whim!

Just thought I'd share his crazy thought with you all.....since we are all in the 12 step program together.:D

g8rgirl29
01-17-2009, 07:43 PM
I think I would hang on tight to that one!! He is definitely a keeper for any disneyaholic!! Oh, I forgot.... Hi my name is Mary Ellen and I am addicted to Disney and Intercot. How did you resist the temptation to go ahead and book it anyway??? You are my hero!!!

Dsnygirl
01-17-2009, 07:51 PM
So Just thought I'd share his crazy thought with you all.....since we are all in the 12 step program together.:D

You mean this 12-step program?? :D

1 - Realize you have still have a trip out there you haven't gone on yet, and resist the new offers.

2 - Still pick up your calendar and check out dates.

3 - Go on your favorite airline's website and check fares, even though you know you're not going...

4 - Tell yourself you can't afford it, avoid the "Vacation Planning" thread for ... a day or two...

5 - Mention a second trip, oh so casually, over dinner, just to gauge the reaction...

6 - Re-check airfares.

7 - Do a mini list of what you'd like to do... on the trip after the trip you haven't taken yet...

8 - Step away from the computer. For an hour.

9 - Look again at the offers out there... realize that actually, you'd be SAVING money on that next trip if you just made that phone call...

10 - E-mail or call your favorite MJ agent, just to get a price...

11 - Put on the vacation planning CD one evening, "just to watch for fun"...

12 - Realize it's a hopeless cause, get out your credit card and finalize your dates, and go to bed happy. :)

(Oh, and my DH would never say such a thing, b/c he knows I'd be on the phone and website trying to swing it... his surprise line to me after our last trip was, "You know, DVC just might work for us..." Could've knocked me over w/ a feather... ;))

buzznwoodysmom
01-17-2009, 08:03 PM
5 - Mention a second trip, oh so casually, over dinner, just to gauge the reaction...

Oh, this sounds just like me, I do that all the time.

One year we were just back from a 9 night stay for Thanksgiving and I saw a great deal on BCV on ebay. It was a DVC owner who had booked a trip and couldn't make it. It ended up finishing at $100.00 per night for 7 nights. When I told DH that he said that if we hadn't just gotten back he'd have told me to bid on it and we'd take a spur of the moment trip. The trip was actually for the week of Christmas. Anyway I was shocked that DH even had it in him to want to take a spur of the moment trip to WDW like that.

kathiep
01-17-2009, 08:06 PM
Count us in too. I've been busy contemplating our dining ADR's for this coming August when DH comes home from work on Thursday. He stopped in to get some quotes on a quick trip to Disneyland! This from someone who doesn't like to fly - and now he wants to take the 3 hour flight to California to go to Disneyland. So I ask - do you want to do this instead of Disney World in August. No - in addition. Took me a few minutes to pick my mouth up off the floor.

Ed
01-17-2009, 08:14 PM
Funny what winter weather :snowball: :freeze:does to y'all who live "up north". :D

Those spur-of-the-moment trips are often the most fun. But I strongly suggest you always have a video recorder running when those kinds of "suggestions" are made. ;)

We frequently do those kinds of visits. :thumbsup: Of course, in our case, that means a 22 mile drive. :cool:

bouncer
01-17-2009, 10:24 PM
It may be frost on the brain doing that to us northerners!:snowball::freeze: The thought of temps above 40 and Mickey...aaahh :cloud9:

RedSoxandPatsfan
01-18-2009, 08:37 AM
I almost did the same thing back in Dec. We had a huge snow storm on a Friday and this was just after having the Ice storms in the Northeast that knocked out power. In addition, the Travel Channel had been airing their Disey specials which had already gotten the juices flowing. Anyways if I was sure I could've gotten a room that night I would have gone.

I didn't end up going:(. However, it did get me to book my next trip to the World for my Bday 12/31/09. Thanks to Densie at MJ we'll be at CBR to ring in the New Year.:cloud9: