PDA

View Full Version : 2 short trips within a month, too crazy??

mouseketeer mom
01-17-2009, 02:02 PM
Without going into a ton of details, looks like we may have a change of plans. We were planning an eight night stay the beginning of March for DD's 13th BD. Now DH is at a conference at the end of March at Coronado. Our room would be covered and such if we went with him. Due to school and other commitments, we cannot do a full week at the end of March, just 4 nights, tops. So, we cannot move our whole trip. We were thinking of 4 nights in the beginnng of March for DD's BD, then the 4 nights at the end for the conference with DH. Is this too crazy?? The kids will miss 3 days of school at the beginning and 3 at the end. Its split up, so I'm not worried about school issues. Any thoughts? We would have plane fare for both too, I checked and fares are surprisingly low for both those dates.

Pete Olsen
01-17-2009, 02:55 PM
sounds like a plan!

mickeys_princess_mom
01-17-2009, 11:35 PM
Just did it. Not crazy at all. Well, OK, it is, but go for it! :wave:

teambricker04
01-18-2009, 12:37 AM
I love doing trips like that... not crazy at all!!!

tjstrike
01-18-2009, 03:15 AM
I think if the kids are going to miss a total of six days anyway, I'd talk to their teachers, get their homework and plan one trip around the conference. JMO

brian2000boston
01-18-2009, 08:32 AM
i would keep my originally scheduled plans for the 8 nights and also go during that long weekend during conference. :mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
01-18-2009, 11:14 AM
I wouldn't do it (as much as I love WDW its just too much packing and back and forth for me), but if it makes your family happy and you can get all the kinks worked out go for it. I am sure you'll have a wonderful time either way.

PrettyMinnie
01-18-2009, 11:56 AM
Wow, sounds crazy, but worth it! Definitely a go. :mickey:

VWL Mom
01-18-2009, 12:25 PM
Is there a way you could keep your original plan with the kids and then sneak off to the conference with just you and DH?

mouseketeer mom
01-18-2009, 08:33 PM
Is there a way you could keep your original plan with the kids and then sneak off to the conference with just you and DH?

Hmmm..I like that idea, but I don't believe that would be a go. My kids would be crushed, and I just don't think we'd want to do that...I'm not worried about packing twice, on the contrary, I feel like it lightens my load some. Packing for 4 nights feels very different then packing for 8, leaving my house for 8 nights feels very different then leaving for 4. I think in some ways it will be easier then prepping for a long trip for a family of 5. I would actually probably come home, then wash and repack the same clothes..Decision has to be made this week.