PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast: Cape May or Hollywood and Vine

Terk24
01-17-2009, 10:05 AM
I know the character differences, but does one have better food then the other? Or just a better overall experience?

ldc12377
01-17-2009, 10:43 AM
We have eaten at both. At Hollywood and Vine, the buffet was smaller but the characters take small "breaks" from going around to the tables to visit and have a mini-dance party in the restuarant so that the kids can go up and dance with the characters. My kids were too shy to go up to dance with the characters but that might be something that your kids would like. With that said, we prefer Cape May. The buffet is bigger and better with more variety and the character interact was really great. The setting was so relaxed. It was one of our favorite meals. Hope that helps.

Zippy 1
01-17-2009, 11:18 AM
We have only done Cape May. It was a great experience! We enjoyed the character interaction and thought the buffet was great. The atmosphere of the resteraunt was very nice and relaxing. We can't wait to go back again.:mickey:

Zawadi
01-17-2009, 11:23 AM
We have only done Cape May. It was a great experience! We enjoyed the character interaction and thought the buffet was great. The atmosphere of the resteraunt was very nice and relaxing. We can't wait to go back again.:mickey:

:ditto: Totally agree

VAdizneefan
01-17-2009, 12:26 PM
Cape May, hands down.
:cloud9:

tyandskyesmom
01-19-2009, 04:46 PM
if travel time is not an issue or if you are not already at MGM, Cape May based on food alone. Characters are a bit slower there but the food and choices if better.

tannermansmom
01-19-2009, 09:19 PM
On our last trip we ate at Hollywood and Vine for breakfast. Our son was about 2 1/2. This was the only character meal that he really didn't enjoy. What was suprising about that is that he was really into the tv shows the characters were on. The food was okay but we will try another character breakfast on our next trip instead of going back.

swampfox28
01-19-2009, 09:39 PM
Have only done CM, but this was our favorite character experience (apart from the Ohana breakfast @ the Poly!) We ADORE Cape May. It's not TOO busy and the food is excellent. (Not to mention the location is beautiful, too! SOMEDAY, when we can, I plan to stay in the Beach Club resort - it's AMAZING!)

-Sarah

Terk24
01-21-2009, 08:15 AM
Cape May it is! Thanks all!!!!:mickey:

brownie
01-21-2009, 09:46 PM
My vote would be for Cape May Cafe! We really like it there, and try to make a visit there every trip.

squijee
01-22-2009, 12:12 PM
What characters are at Cape May?

wire0monkey
01-22-2009, 02:46 PM
We went twice to Cape May on our last trip. We liked it so much the first time, that we called and scheduled another breakfast during the same trip.

The buffet was very good and the restaurant was not busy. It was a very relaxed setting.

We saw Minnie, Goofy, and Chip at our character meals. They were dressed up in beach attire. My little boys (2.5 and 5) were very excited about seeing Goofy. I have great pictures from that meal.

tyandskyesmom
01-22-2009, 04:15 PM
Chip and/or Dale is no longer there...now instead you get Donald.