PDA

View Full Version : What are the Chances ?

GINNY69
01-17-2009, 08:28 AM
We are going to WDW the week of August 9th, what are the chances of Space Mountain actually opening.. I know the Tentative date is schedule for July 31 st. Just curious , this is one of my favorite attractions I would hate to miss this one.. :coaster:

BMan62
01-17-2009, 08:32 AM
I don't know where you got that tentative opening date, but I would expect SM will not be open until very late in the year. TTA MAY be open, but even that is iffy.

From another site:

The long-rumored refurbishment of Space Mountain is a go. The iconic Magic Kingdom attraction closes on April 19 (right after the Easter break crowds leave) and officially returns "late 2009," though we've heard a target date of November 22—just in time for the Thanksgiving crowds. The Tomorrowland Transit Authority (WEDway PeopleMover, for you old-timers) will be closing the same day, and will be out of action until mid-August.

Strmchsr
01-17-2009, 08:47 AM
The listing of July 31 is only because that's as far out as the "official" refurb list goes. SM, as noted above, will not be open until, at the earliest, December and from what I'm hearing it's more likely to be 2010 before it reopens.