PDA

View Full Version : Deluxe to Moderate or Value

JoDisney
01-16-2009, 11:25 PM
Who has changed their spending habits concerning their choice of a resort because of the economy? Are you going from Deluxe to Moderate or Value? Are you going from Moderate to Value?

Iluvpooh
01-16-2009, 11:44 PM
My Mom is taking my entire family in a few weeks. We had originally planned on renting points for a Grand Villa at OKW, but instead opted for 4 rooms at POP.
We were going to split the cost of the rental 4 ways for each family, but my Mom decided to pay for everything because of some financially problems some of the other members of my family are having. I can say that if she wasn't-I am not sure I would be going so soon after Christmas. If this was my trip to pay for I would probably plan it for the fall to give me time to save.

goofy78
01-17-2009, 04:09 AM
we are planning on a trip next year and do not plan on staying anywhere but a deluxe. the economy might sway us from decisions on a day to day level, however, when it comes to our family vacation we are not swayed by the economic times. :mickey:

Maleficent_vf
01-17-2009, 02:58 PM
We're going in March and are staying in a deluxe, just like always. Being in walking distance of two parks is just to good to give up.

dmosher
01-17-2009, 03:45 PM
We couldn't give up the Deluxe Resort if we wanted to, it would break our hearts! Luckily we bought into the DVC or we may have had to cut our trips much shorter which (after a 20 hour flight to FL) would have been tough to swallow.
:pipes:
D

mom2morgan
01-17-2009, 07:29 PM
Sadly, I can't see EVER being able to afford a deluxe under any circumstances. Yes, we stay in moderates but will probably go Value next time. But I'm still paying off the December trip, so who knows when next time is ;-)

alaMode
01-18-2009, 10:30 AM
DS and I will be staying Pop this year for the first time. This is our third trip. In the past we've stayed at the Poly.

DS has cerebral palsy and uses a special needs stroller at the parks. The first time we chose the Poly b/c of the transportation choices and b/c we weren't sure how things would work. Of course, EVERYTHING was easier, better, and more fun than we even imagined. This gives me the confidence to travel alone with DS and to rely on the bus-only transportation available at Pop.

DH can't make the trip due to work commitments. He's not a big fan of WDW, so we also stayed at the Poly to make everything as easy and comfortable as possible for him.

DS and I are more into the parks than the accommodations, so I decided to try Pop and see what it's like.

Between the lower-priced accomodations and the 4/3 deal, this trip will cost us 1/4 what it cost last year...that's always a good thing, no matter what your situation!

I'm hopeful that we will return from our trip with a new favorite place to stay and even more magical memories!

Tess
poly 07
poly 08
pop 09

Kenny1113
01-18-2009, 02:43 PM
I am actually doing the opposite. We usually stay at value have stayed twice in moderate and once in cabins. This trip will be at AKL. Got a great rate!!!!! :thumbsup:

goofygirl67
01-18-2009, 07:11 PM
The only thing I have changed is how I pay for the trips. I usually just pay room only, I have a seasonal pass, and pay for the rest of the bill when I check in.
This time I have planned out my trips and am paying 1 night each month, so far I have 2 of 3 trips booked. I am hoping this will help out, my Dec trip took a couple of paychecks to pay off all at once.
This year though I am going to go 2 deluxe trips and 1 moderate while last year it was 3 moderate.

TiggeRia
01-18-2009, 07:45 PM
I am going with my parents in April for one week and we were originally scheduled to stay at AKL-our favorite hotel. Due to the economy, though, we couldn't justify spending that money and have rebooked, now staying at SOG. This will be our first visit there...I hope it's ok!

pixiesmimi
01-18-2009, 08:06 PM
We usually stay at a value because we just sleep and shower there but on special occasions, stay at a moderate. We are able to stay at the Poly this year, mainly because of the good discounts this year but also because I booked a year in advance and it gave me quite a while to save before paying it off. So I can't say we are downgrading this year. Although, we are being more careful with our money, we are also saving every month for the trip.

tinksmom02
01-18-2009, 10:17 PM
We're actually upgrading from a Moderate to a Deluxe for our next trip. Haven't quite figured out how we're paying for it (income tax refund, maybe?), but DH told me I could have whatever I wanted for our 10th anniversary. and I've always wanted to stay at the Poly. The 40% discount we were able to get (thanks, mom!) didn't hurt any, either!

KylesMom
01-19-2009, 09:25 AM
We contemplated changing from Deluxe to Moderate during our stay in June, but the amount of $$$ that we would have saved would have been nominal to stay at CBR - Pirate Room versus WL Standard View. The queen beds are a big deal to us, and we couldn't justify the $50 per night savings versus comfort and convenience. So we're going back to WL!

pamickeys
01-19-2009, 10:11 AM
If you are on a budget then go value--if you can swing it upgrade to Deluxe--best prices with the book 4/3 free--may never have these low rates again. We have stayed at all three and you can't beat the location/convenience of the deluxe resort:mickey:s!!