01-16-2009, 11:10 PM
Who??

DH, Aaron
Me, Nicole
DS#1, 3yo
DS#2, 19mo

When and Where??
January 8th-16th at Fort Wilderness

I should mention that the main reason we stayed in the cabins was so DH and I could sleep in a different space than the loud, snoring, little boys. DH needed his rest for the marathon. Plus, he was going to get up SUPER early and had his prerunning rituals to do. We really enjoy the cabins...

Okay, anyhoo, Saturday the 10th was the kids race. We had to be over at the track by 1045am for the 11am race. We slept in a little, ate, and got ready. I was a little sad because, although, I had remembered the running gear for the little boys, I forgot their most hilarious sweat bands that would have made them look like they were straight out of the Royal Tannenbaums. Oh well.

When we got to WWS, everything went pretty smoothly. Except the waiting. DS#1 is fine with waiting and spent the time trying out the track and streching. (hilarious) DS#2 was fine until, well, he just wasn't. He was hot, it was crowded, and he had already run up and down the track about 100 times. DH ran with them. It was so hard to see which heat they would be in until, whoops! There went DS#1! DH and #2 were at the back of the pack with #2 crying. Poor guy.

At the end of the race all the kids get "medals". They are actually rubber and perfect for kids! #1 felt just like a running star.

They had photo booths set up and I really wanted to try to get their picture taken. They had the same photogs (Action???) as for the races. We stood in line. #2 was calmed down, but edgey. The photog was taking a TON of pictures of the kids in front of us. The moms were standing by with their cameras and all was well. It was our turn. The boys and their dad went and stood in front of the backdrop. I took out the camera and had it in my hand when the photog whipped around and told me to put it away as they pay a ton of for the backdrop. Okay, I can do that no problem (and I was being polite). I put the camera in the bag and stood waiting for him to take some pictures of my children. I wasn't talking, wasn't doing anything but waiting, when the photog turned around again and screamed at me to leave that I was a disruption to the process and me standing there was distracting my children. At this point #2 started crying again. we just told him to nevermind taking pictures of my kids and that HE ruined it, not me. I was mad and hurt as I looked around and saw no one else being treated that way. I figure since he wasn't a WDW employee he could have cared less about our "magical" day. I found a marathon staff person to find out where to complain (answer: online) and then brushed it off, I didn't want one rude person spoiling our day.

We ate a picnic outside of the ball park and then headed back for DH and #2 to have naps. #1 and I headed to MK where we had dole whips and rode Buzz, did the laugh floor (which is SUPER funny when you are three), and rode the magic carpets.

We headed back to the cabin for beef stroganoff and another night at the campfire. #2 was awake this time, but didn't really care for all the dancing, just throwing the stones around (a big NO NO in my book!!!) Early to bed! DH had the marathon the next morning!!!

Maleficent's Dad
01-17-2009, 06:38 AM
Sorry to hear about that photographer... I'd definitely let Disney know about it.

The big run tomorrow!
Thanks for sharing. :mickey:

mouseketeer mom
01-17-2009, 08:15 AM
What an awful experience with that photographer. Your boys sounded adorable stretching for their big race!

pdrlkr
01-17-2009, 04:10 PM
You should report this to Disney! :mad:

yjgirl32
01-18-2009, 11:06 AM
Sorry to hear about a very rude photographer. I hope it diddn't spoil your entire day. I would still call someone at Disney about him- I wouldn't want another family to go thru that and i'm sure Disney would not want that either. Thanks for sharing.

faline
01-18-2009, 03:43 PM
Goodness! What a sour spot in an otherwise quite nice day! Sorry about the run-in with the photographer!

dolphinmickey9170
01-19-2009, 04:06 PM
I would definitely report that photographer, disney employee or not. Too bad one person has to try and spoil your day, I'm glad you didn't let him. :mickey: