PDA

View Full Version : Getting to AKL from Poly, best way?

maestrotim
01-16-2009, 09:19 PM
I am trying to figure out the best way to get to the Animal Kingdom Lodge from the Polynesian. I'm guessing that it would be by taking the resort monorail to MK and then catching the bus from there. Or is there transporation from the TTC? I've stayed at the Poly before and never really noticed this.

Similarly, would that be the best way to get to other resorts? I know my unofficial guide says to transit through Downtown Disney and then get on the resort bus there. My experience at the Poly has been that the Downtown Disney bus didn't seem to run that often though.

Marceline
01-16-2009, 09:33 PM
Your right....IMHO the best way to all the resorts is to head to the nearest park and hop on the bus to your resort destination....unless your going to a nearby resort of course.

I am not sure why the guides always tell you to go to DTD first, it does take way longer. Perhaps they are just trying to increase the passenger numbers for the DTD routes and reduce the already crowded park routes.:confused:

spoiledraf
01-16-2009, 10:21 PM
Could take the first bus to the AK and then the first to the AKL.

joelkfla
01-17-2009, 07:48 PM
I am not sure why the guides always tell you to go to DTD first, it does take way longer. :confused:
I think it's because DTD buses always run until 2 a.m. (That hasn't changed yet, even with the closing of PI.)

Also, morning service from parks to resorts can be spotty, although we are trying to make it better.

But I agree, transferring at a nearby or on-the-way open park is always faster and more convenient. (Just don't try to transfer from an Epcot bus to an Epcot resort.;))

buzznwoodysmom
01-17-2009, 08:22 PM
Is taking a taxi out of the question? That is what we do and the time saved is worth every penny. A taxi ride typically runs us between $10-14, and only once was $20 (including the tip). Its not for everyone, but just another option.

jonahbear2006
01-17-2009, 09:14 PM
I 2nd the taxi option. I am a big cheapo. Probably the most frugal person you could ever meet, however, we got stuck at Ohana with four sleeping babes at 10pm and HAD to because the kids wouldn't wake up. We really loved the speed and the promptness of the driver and what a great way to get around. It was $15 with tip and was TOTALLY worth every dollar of it. I will do this again from now on. I had no idea it was so simple and cheap. To me, it is great that Disney offers free transportation that everyone can use. But I feel there are going to be times, while you are there, that getting around is going to be so much easier if you just bypass some of that and save a bit of your precious, magical time.