PDA

View Full Version : so... what's the deal?

goofy78
01-16-2009, 08:11 PM
i have been to WDW many times and am looking forward to our trip next year, however, we will be doing something we have never done before.... the DCL. how is the cruise? we haven't booked yet but are planning on doing the land and sea package. :boat:

Donald_Quackers
01-16-2009, 09:32 PM
I did my first cruise last month, and it was fantastic! So much to do, you'll get addicted. I'm going again in 2010 on the 7 night Eastern Caribbean.

I would recommend looking into booking your land and sea separately, so you can take advantage of discounts, stay where you want, and usually save some money.

For the cruise, I would recommend the 4-night cruise to start off. On my cruise, we couldn't dock at Castaway Cay the day were were supposed to, so we made that the sea day and tried again the following day, and we were then able to dock.

If you want, I'll PM you a link to my photo album for the cruise.

laguna
01-16-2009, 09:34 PM
The DCL is absolutely wonderful! After all, anything Disney is!! My family has also been to Disney many times, although we ventured out on the land/sea cruise last Spring Break. We decided on the 4 days land and 3 day sea package. From check-in to check-out was absolutely perfect. We were taken care of from the beginning and told what to do every step of the way. On the day you leave for the cruise, you can even go to the Animal Kingdom that morning and depart from there to board the cruise buses. This will be a trip of a lifetime and the shows aboard the ship are the best of any cruise line that we've been on yet. ENJOY!

happy2bme
01-25-2009, 05:40 PM
the first time we took the 4 day bahama cruise in 2002. When we came back we smiled for at least a month we hvae since been on three more (1 more 4 day and two 7 day both eastern and western car) dcl cruises and are going on our 5th dcl cruise in April.

I cannot imagine anyone not loving it.

dixielandings
01-29-2009, 09:29 AM
Our first-ever cruise was Disney Wonder, May 2007. We booked 4-night just in case we hated it or got seasick - we didn't want to be stuck out there for a week. By the end of the first night on board, we were all saying to each other - well, when can we do this again and for longer next time!?

The whole experience is terrific, from beginning to end. We loved it so much, DH and I decided to sail another line around the Hawai'ian islands last year. We loved that too, and it was mostly fabulous, but Disney service and details...no one else can compare!

We did land and sea but, being WDW regulars, we booked them seperately and I don't know which is better. Of course, at this point, I'd say, as great as it is, ditch the land part and do a 7-night cruise! But either way, you'll have the trip of a lifetime!

Keep coming here for tips and info - it was invaluable when we were planning our cruise.