PDA

View Full Version : Polynesian Resort

WDW1987
01-16-2009, 06:16 PM
My family and I just got back from WDW and i was wondering if the front desk are suppose to be knowledgeable in regards to what goes on in the parks and what not? Im asking this primarily because we asked a few questions regarding Extra Park Hours and other things about the resort we stayed at, and it seemed they had no idea what they were talking about.

disneydeb
01-16-2009, 06:25 PM
That is strange.... whenever I check in I get a flyer telling time of park openings and EMHs...:mickey:

CleveRocks
01-16-2009, 07:14 PM
Disney is a wonderful wonderful place to vacation. But they do a very poor job of training staff in ANY information beyond their exact job. I don't know if this is by design or not, but it is a big problem to me, and has been this way for years (nothing new).

At least they told you they didn't know ... what's much worse is when they THINK they know and they tell you, only you find out later they were very wrong and it caused you to miss something or to waste time or whatever. Been there, done that.

SBETigg
01-16-2009, 07:31 PM
I'm not surprised. The last time I stayed at the Polynesian, I asked if there was a time switch for the Electrical Water Pageant due to the fireworks timing and they had no idea about the Water Pageant at all. In the morning, we needed to catch a bus to AK and they couldn't tell us when buses started. I was glad I had information from here to go on. I'm guessing that some of the staff know more than others, but that training isn't that thorough on park knowledge and some other things.

mouseketeer mom
01-16-2009, 08:12 PM
I've never had that experience at the Polynesian. I have found the CM's to be super helpful and knowledgable. Sorry you had a tough time getting the info you needed.

goofy78
01-17-2009, 04:04 AM
i too am shocked at the response given to you. my experiences have all been positive and if someone doesn't know then they make the call to someone who does to get you the information you need.

megustamex
01-17-2009, 07:33 PM
I'm really surprised. I stayed at ASM and asked someone in the gift shop what time the fireworks were at MK that night. They pulled up a schedule they had taped next to the cash register and told me. I would definitely expect anyone working a front desk to be able to give you the answers on the parks.

Disney-Nut
01-18-2009, 05:05 PM
Add me to the list of surprised, every time i stayed at the poly or anywhere for that matter i always had my questions answered.

CleveRocks
01-18-2009, 06:00 PM
I must attract the lesser-informed cast members.