PDA

View Full Version : Room Upgrade

ytzking
01-16-2009, 05:30 PM
I just received my documents for my 3 night cruise sailing on 01/29.:thumbsup: I was floored to see that we had received an upgrade. We went from an outside room with a porthole to a room with a veranda. I had read many posts that said upgrades were sometimes available when checking in at the port but never anything about upgrades prior to sailing. I also noticed that the breakdown for charges, ( Fare, taxes, etc. ) was different from my original confirmation but added up to the same amount ( Fare actually went down, taxes and fees went up ) Does anybody know what gives.
I'm psyched:cool:

johnO
01-16-2009, 07:19 PM
Sweet deal!!!!

mousehappy
01-21-2009, 05:26 PM
When you find out how you got your upgrade post it so we all can share the wealth!! i want to get an upgrade too... i'm so jealouse!!! r u part of dvc?

ytzking
01-21-2009, 06:10 PM
Yes. I own at BWV but I booked the cruise separately with Kathy at Magical Journeys. ( She's fantastic!!!!)

adoptionislove
01-21-2009, 11:55 PM
You scored!!!! Have a blast!

TammiMcMan
01-26-2009, 04:38 PM
I had read many posts that said upgrades were sometimes available when checking in at the port but never anything about upgrades prior to sailing.Actually, this is not uncommon at all. DCL does it's best to sail with a full ship. One of the ways they do this, is to bump passengers up from a lower level. This opens up a room in the lesser priced category, which they can re-package and sell. I have family in Florida and they have taken so many last minute cruises for very little money, but it usually means a room in a lower category. Great deal for all those involved.