PDA

View Full Version : Wilderness Lodge=Woods View or Upgrade to Deluxe Room

Paiger
01-16-2009, 05:10 PM
I have booked a woods view room for 2 adults/2 children (9,5). Should I upgrade to a Deluxe Room or keep what I have?

cgriff
01-16-2009, 05:47 PM
Hi Paiger,

First of all, I'm so jealous... Wish I was going to the Wilderness Lodge! :cap:

Secondly, it really depends. The Deluxe/Club level rooms (formerly known as Junior Suites) are spacious and have a den with sleeper sofa in a separate room, great for closing the kids in there while the adults have their own sleeping room. Club level also gives you access to the Old Faithful lounge for free snacks and drinks, and access to Club staff personnel to help you with travel planning. As a result these rooms cost quite a bit more than the standard rooms.

If it were up to me I would say keep Woods view and take the money saved and use it on some great table service meals during your stay, such as Artist Point right there at the Lodge.

Others may disagree, but I think the Woods view at Wilderness Lodge is rather appropriate, given the theme of the place. Though there are some Woods view rooms that overlook the shipping/receiving area of the hotel... that sort of spoils the mood, but hey, they have to ship/receive somewhere!

See also here: http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=148566

Whatever you decide, have fun!

mkymouse0206
01-16-2009, 09:44 PM
Keep what you have! We have stayed at WL twice and both times had woods view. That being said, we booked standard each trip and were upgraded both times. I thought it was kind of nice. Honestly though, we don't hang out in our room looking out the window. When we are at the lodge we are busy snooping around the place. :paw: Other than that we are at the parks. In my opinion you can't have a bad room at WL. We have booked a courtyard view this time but only because that was all that was left. If we had choices I would have taken standard view and saved money. When are you going? You will have a wonderful time!!:pine:
Welcome to Intercot!!! :pixie::welcome::pixie:

Goes4FastPass
01-17-2009, 11:07 AM
Think twice before upgrading. What you and I think of as 'courtyard' is more specific than what WL thinks. It seems about everything that isn't the outside on the WhisCan side faces what some could call a courtyard.

However,

If they put you in a room that is "woods view" as in there are some trees on the other side of the service area and dumpsters below your room, go back to the lobby and lobby for a change. Those dumpsters with the beep beep beep backup alarm trucks that carry them are cycled at 5am.

Paiger
01-17-2009, 03:33 PM
Thank you for your responses. I look forward to a magical stay at WL-March 14-21!:thumbsup: