PDA

View Full Version : Narcoossee's or California Grill?

MizMissy
01-16-2009, 03:58 PM
We LOVE Calfornia Grill, my husband has specifically requested it for our next trip. However, the only reservation I can get is a 5:50. Wishes is at 8:00, so we will probably still be there for it (but may be cutting it close).

What about Narcoossee's? Can you see/hear Wishes from this restaurant? I've looked at sample menus and the food looks fantastic.

As Cali Grill lovers, should we stick with what we know or try something new? :confused:

Natazu
01-16-2009, 04:09 PM
I can give you a little insight.
Here it is Rusty Style:

1) You can see Wishes from some of the tables at Narcoossee's
2) and you can hear the music inside.
3) there is a parapet that offers a pretty good view.
4) A 5:50 ADR for CG is pretty good for an 8pm wishes
5) The food is excellent at both restaurants
6) There is no wrong choice

mouseketeer mom
01-16-2009, 04:13 PM
Well, those 2 are our favorite signature dining experiences in all of WDW. Yes, you can see Wishes from Narcoosees, maybe someone else will come around to tell if you can hear it. If you haven't tried it yet, I'd say go for it. Everything is top notch, the food, the setting, the service. It is unbelievably good. My vote is for Narcoosee's. I bet you find that you like it as much as Cali Grill if you try it.;)

SBETigg
01-16-2009, 05:24 PM
Two of my favorites, too. It's a tough choice and you can't go wrong, as Jym said. He was also correct that the 5:50 is good timing for the 8 pm fireworks. The view is far more spectacular at California Grill if that's a main consideration. The food and service at both places is excellent. It's fun to try something new, but it's hard to miss out on an evening at California Grill. What a happy dilemma!

Tinkermom
01-16-2009, 05:53 PM
Calif Grill is also a favorite of ours. A 5:50 ressie is great for the 8PM wishes. Just take your time with your meal, enjoy a cocktail and some appetizers and you will easily be there for 2 or more hours.

Don't forget though that if for some reason you did get done early just hold on to your receipt and go back up to watch the fireworks from the outdoor viewing area. :thumbsup:

As for Narcoossee's, we have only been once but did not find the food or service nearly as good as Calif Grill. Don't get me wrong, it was good just not as good as Calif Grill in our opinion.

Maleficent's Dad
01-16-2009, 09:02 PM
Yeah, what Jym said...

But I have to admit, I have a slight preference for Narcoosee's. Not sure what it is, I just really, really like the place. Cali Grill gets raves around here - and most of the time rightfully so - but there's something about Narcoosee's that appeals to me.

You really can't go wrong either place. :mickey:

Crow
01-16-2009, 09:05 PM
CG. eaten here twice. 1 of the times i just finished a 5:30 meal in time for wishes.