PDA

View Full Version : Who will miss TTA during rehab?

mudpuppysmom
01-16-2009, 03:41 PM
With all the talk about the SM rehab and how it will also cause the closing of TTA, I'm wondering who, if anyone, will miss TTA while it is also down?

I know we will!!! My DS#1 likes to ride it about three or four times in a row.....just keep staying on I mean.....and now with DS#2 being 7 mo old I think if he were ready to nap and I wanted to do SOMETHING I'd ride that while he napped on my lap.

So, yeah, our family will miss it, not just for the relaxation factor.....DS#1 likes all the stuff you go thru and see!

ThanxForNoticin
01-16-2009, 03:42 PM
Silly as it sounds, we will also miss it - it's an attraction we hit more than once each time to the MK. I won't miss it as much as SM, but I will miss it!

WRWDisney
01-16-2009, 03:57 PM
Another vote here:ill:

My DW was more upset about this than Space Mountain!

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
01-16-2009, 04:04 PM
I too would miss the TTA. Luckily it won't be down while DH and I go in just over a week. I love to people watch from TTA.

RodFamDisney
01-16-2009, 04:10 PM
My family loves it too - it is always our 2nd ride, right after buzz lightyear. and we ride it several times before the end of our trip. it is a great way to rest, and it is usually pretty cool, even on the hot days.

kid@heartforever
01-16-2009, 04:12 PM
We will miss it very, very much! When my DH is riding SM, the TTA is where me and my DD's can wait for him and still be on a ride! It is also a great place to take a much needed break when the day is at it's hottest! It will be hard going in May and not having it!:(

kakn7294
01-16-2009, 04:20 PM
We'll miss it! I don't see why it needs to close for the entire SM rehab - couldn't they wall off inside SM like they do for everything else? They could paint the walls with murals or some kind of cool effect and I could live with that.

DisneyGlutton
01-16-2009, 04:22 PM
We will miss it greatly too--we love seeing stuff from other stuff! Its a nice rest for the old feet without making us feel bad wasting time.

CanadianWDWFan
01-16-2009, 04:23 PM
My DS4 will be quite upset about this. It is his place to go cool down and relax for a while.

Goofeygal
01-16-2009, 04:42 PM
I will miss it very much. It is a ride we always go on. We love to ride it at nite when all of tomorrow land lights are on.

princessgirls
01-16-2009, 04:50 PM
My family will miss it! We enjoyed relaxing on TTA!

Julie:mickey:

pixiesmimi
01-16-2009, 04:50 PM
We never missed it before and the first time we rode it was two trips ago. But now that we have discovered it, yes, I will miss it. It was a relaxing ride to rest and cool down on. I will miss it more than SM. :D

jensantuit
01-16-2009, 04:51 PM
We will definitely miss the TTA. We always love to ride this when we just need to kick back and relax for a little while. It's a nice break for the kids too. Hopefully when we go in September they will have the TTA back up and running.

hubbyofadisneyholic
01-16-2009, 05:24 PM
We always make a point of riding it at least once every day we are at the MK. Besides being a relaxing ride it gives a great view of the crowds and the Castle.

Although, I did like it better when it was called the WEDWAY with a, "heaven forbid" educational narrative about how the linear induction motors that propel it work.

goofy89
01-16-2009, 05:30 PM
I am going to miss it a lot :(
I'm almost more upset about the TTA being closed than Space Mountain!

SBETigg
01-16-2009, 05:31 PM
We'll miss it! I don't see why it needs to close for the entire SM rehab - couldn't they wall off inside SM like they do for everything else? They could paint the walls with murals or some kind of cool effect and I could live with that.

I thought that, too, and then I realized that it's a pretty extensive ride rehab so maybe the construction will be too noisy/dusty/dangerous to allow the TTA to go through it during this time, or they need the space for construction vehicles? We'll miss it! We love the TTA.

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-16-2009, 06:07 PM
We will miss it too!

It is one of DD's FAVOURITE rides :)

I wish there was a way to keep it open during the SM rehab, but I understand the need for safety, but still, I'm sad :(

Iluvpooh
01-16-2009, 06:09 PM
We will so miss it-Luckily it will still be open in a few weeks while we are there. I'll make sure and ride it several times-Just in case they do not reopen it! You never know right?
My DH always takes a nap on it yes _ I said husband.

PirateLover
01-16-2009, 06:34 PM
I'm more bummed about TTA being closed for our upcoming trip than I am about Space Mtn. As I mentioned in another thread though, while us die-hards would ride TTA again and again even if it was just through a black tunnel, I suspect that most guests are expecting to see things and have an actual ride experience. That and there also might be issues with construction and safety (As Sherri noted)- and maybe they'll update the TTA itself as well. I hope they wouldn't change it too much, though.

amd780
01-16-2009, 07:01 PM
I will definitely miss it in September! It's one of my favorite MK attractions :mickey:

DigitalDaredevil
01-16-2009, 07:03 PM
SM does not sadden me for a rehab, but TTA does. I ride it every trip, each ride I like to take at least 2 consecutive rides on it. It is such a relaxing and enjoyable ride. It has become one of my must do's and a favorite.

Disney Yankee
01-16-2009, 07:06 PM
We will definitely miss TTA. We always make a point of going on this ride, especially since it is a nice place to cool off and we always go in the summer.

Daisy'sMom
01-16-2009, 07:30 PM
I am just sick over it. :ill:

Tinkerbellrulz
01-16-2009, 07:30 PM
:party:i am pretty bummed my son who is autistic loves tta and sm so it might be difficult for us when we return in may hopefully it will be worth the wait when sm reopens

ThanxForNoticin
01-16-2009, 07:33 PM
Although, I did like it better when it was called the WEDWAY with a, "heaven forbid" educational narrative about how the linear induction motors that propel it work.

It still is the 'Wedway People Mover' to our crew!! And probably always will be...

cindchan
01-16-2009, 07:39 PM
You'd better believe I'd miss it (not sure if it'll be closed yet when I go down in March). I love that ride!! It's so nice and relaxing. It's a great way to rest and take a break during the hectic day! Hope they clean that ride and do some refurb on it while it's closed.

Mr. Incredible
01-17-2009, 01:30 AM
I'll miss it, but I understand the necessity of closing it. I just look forward to TTA and Space Mountain coming back stronger than ever.

goofy78
01-17-2009, 03:54 AM
i would definitely miss the TTA. i love that ride and i also recall when it was wedway people mover. nice post hubby with the magnetic propulsion explanation. man that sure takes me back. :mickey:

DawsonAR
01-17-2009, 07:22 AM
This is my very favorite ride. It is so relaxing. Plus our very first trip, my daughter loved it. Every since then it is a must do for us. I really hope we get to experience it again sometime soon.

pianobabe
01-17-2009, 10:28 AM
We are most certainly going to miss it. TTA is one of my 2 favorite resting places in MK. Plus I love getting to see the other rides from a different angle and I enjoy the narraration. Maybe they will be able to open it up before SM, but safety does come first.

Pete Olsen
01-17-2009, 10:40 AM
We will miss it. It is one of our family favorites.

alilprincessmom99
01-17-2009, 11:00 AM
I am totally devastated! I had no idea that TTA would be closed too. I will definately be in the crowd that misses that one! We LOVE it!

sleepingbooty
01-17-2009, 11:59 AM
I am SO bummed. But, I thought they were just saying it would have "reduced hours" - has it now been slated to be closed entirely for the whole time SM is?

Luv Eeyore
01-17-2009, 12:05 PM
This one is a must for our family (we still call it the people mover). My DH also takes a nap. Luckily, we will be there just before the rehab starts!

SBETigg
01-17-2009, 12:11 PM
Plus I love getting to see the other rides from a different angle and I enjoy the narraration. Maybe they will be able to open it up before SM, but safety does come first.

Gosh, the narration! I was only thinking about missing the ride, but what's Tomorrowland without the TTA's narrator voice ringing out with his announcements? I'll really miss that!

It seems that TTA is slated to reopen months before the SM rehab is done.

MickeysEars
01-17-2009, 01:21 PM
But Why must it close? I remember many years ago they were rehabing SM at DL and all they did was put a black tarp over the window going through SM. Oh well, I will miss it, it is one of my favorites!!!

JPL
01-17-2009, 01:53 PM
It's closing for safety reasons. Dosney does not want guests going through an active construction area.

Mickey91
01-17-2009, 03:47 PM
I would miss it if I were there.

kathiep
01-17-2009, 03:55 PM
I haven't mentioned this to my kids yet. They will be heartbroken if it's not open when we go in August. I think we've ridden this more times than POTC, SM and Winnie the Pooh combined!!

mudpuppysmom
01-17-2009, 04:37 PM
I never thought this thread would get as many comments as it has.......

NOW, I'm wondering WHY is there no line when we go......EVER!!! I guess b/c it is a continuous load ride -- but then again, so is Buzz and it gets backed up!

Magic Smiles
01-17-2009, 04:52 PM
Okay, I missed it. When is Space Mountain and the TTA closing for reburishment?
TTA IS our relaxation.

PirateLover
01-17-2009, 04:59 PM
Gosh, the narration! I was only thinking about missing the ride, but what's Tomorrowland without the TTA's narrator voice ringing out with his announcements? I'll really miss that!

It seems that TTA is slated to reopen months before the SM rehab is done.

"Now approaching..." nothing :sad:

Grim Grinning Marathon Runner
01-17-2009, 07:31 PM
We're SO going to miss the People Mover, aka TTA! This really stinks, because the last time we went, the Haunted Mansion was closed for a refurb!

rkwctw
01-17-2009, 07:59 PM
We will miss it this June. We like riding it when SM has broken down.

mickeys_princess_mom
01-17-2009, 09:29 PM
I'm so glad we get notice about this stuff! That would have been a shock! We will definitely miss TTA in May--that's our feet up, cool down, what a view, quick nap retreat!
:sleepin: :sleepin:

Magic Smiles
01-17-2009, 09:56 PM
TTA IS our relaxation.

WOW, just read my post. That is suppose read refurbishment...........

Nate's Grandpa
01-17-2009, 10:23 PM
:party:i am pretty bummed my son who is autistic loves tta and sm so it might be difficult for us when we return in may hopefully it will be worth the wait when sm reopens

We are in the same situation with out grandson Nate who is autistic. He loves the TTA.

I don't think we will return to Disney until it re-opens.

Iluvpooh
01-17-2009, 11:06 PM
TTA IS our relaxation.
I believe it is sometime in April.

Disneyfan1971
01-18-2009, 02:54 AM
Sorry for me not being on here in SOOOO long. But I too will miss TTA--we're going in June, were supposed to be going in just a few days, but our trip got cancelled. Oh well :)

Disney-Nut
01-18-2009, 11:21 AM
That is one of the first rides we head to, when at the magic kingdom. unfortunaterly i will not be going to disney for the next couple of years.

Tinkerbelly84
01-18-2009, 12:43 PM
I love this ride and I really don't even know why. It will be missed on my next trip in may.

SorcererJim
01-18-2009, 01:21 PM
My family and me are really going to miss this one... like most of us, we use it for a little r&r and enjoy the views will taking "a trip into the future..." as my DS says!

beksy
01-18-2009, 02:41 PM
I'm going to miss it. It is one of my favorite rides and my favorite place to take a break and cool off. We too always rode it several times without getting off. I'll really miss it when I'm there. This is going to be harder on me than SM since I can no longer ride it because of health problems. Just one more reason to go back later on!

biodtl
01-18-2009, 02:47 PM
I won't be in WDW for a while (picture me pouting), so I will miss the TTA refurb. But I would definitely miss it if I were there. We usually ride TTA 5-10 times every time we are in MK.

senderella
01-18-2009, 03:18 PM
I love TTA. It is one of my top 5's at MK. My favorite time to ride is at night when you can see the park lit up. I think I will get to right in 19 days, so I will get one more ride in before they take it down. Hope they don't change much if anything, especially......."Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. TomMorrow"!

kemps@wdw
01-18-2009, 07:30 PM
ME :fit: !

johnO
01-19-2009, 10:40 AM
I will....

like2workout
01-19-2009, 11:22 AM
i'll def. miss it - it's always a nice relaxing ride that i work in a couple of times on each visit. i can hear those announcements in my head as i type this - haha!

DizNee143
01-19-2009, 11:32 AM
wedway...aka now TTA..lol..
is my favorite ride...call me boring or lame..but i LOVE this ride..and it will be greatly missed..i could careless about space mountain...im more worried about TTA!!

CU Tiger
01-19-2009, 12:27 PM
I have not been able to get my DW to ride TTA in five years and this includes two weeks ago! I guess this means we will not miss it.:mickey:

DisneyHoneymooners
01-19-2009, 01:31 PM
Its a MNSSHP night tradition for us. Its always our last ride of the night. We also use it as a great break to call home and check in.

dolphinmickey9170
01-19-2009, 01:46 PM
Sometimes when DGD would get cranky, we ride the TTA 4 or 5 times in a row (as long as their were no crowds waiting) and she would take a little nap. I really love that ride. Especially at dusk and early evening when it gets dark. It is so beautiful to see the lights!

Imagineer1981
01-19-2009, 02:00 PM
another vote here for TTA being missed

badkitty
01-19-2009, 10:26 PM
Count me as another vote for missing the TTA. SM I can pass on but not the TTA. It is always my last ride on the night at MK.

GhostHost999
01-19-2009, 10:27 PM
The TTA is one of my all time faves.

I am going back to WDW in July (FINALLY!!) my mom and I are taking my aunt there for her 60th bday, and I know I will miss it. I don't know what it is, but it has always been a favorite of mine. It's light and breezy and fun...plus at night it is just the best...nothing like tomorrowland all lit up. :mickey:

Followthatmouse
01-19-2009, 11:19 PM
We are also members of the TTA fan club. It is a fine way to cool off on a hot afternoon. It is a lovely way to watch to the sun going down over the Magic Kingdom. And, it's a marvelous way to view the lights of an evening.

My heart sank when I learned of the SM rehab. The robot hairdresser, the model of Epcot, the screams in the dark while travelling through SM and the corny jokes will be missed. Our trip just won't be the same without the TTA.

Mousemates
01-20-2009, 09:17 AM
yeah we would miss it too...its great place to take a break, people watch and park watch (at night).

WDWNut02
01-20-2009, 01:34 PM
I love TTA! A cool break and time off your feet! Once we went through SM while it was shut down and all of the lights were on. I was neat to see what it looks like.

MegPeg85
01-20-2009, 01:41 PM
I love TTA! A cool break and time off your feet! Once we went through SM while it was shut down and all of the lights were on. I was neat to see what it looks like.

Ditto! Although some people think it's lame, I find it interesting and relaxing. It's neat to see everything without getting into the crowds.

Granny Jill A
01-20-2009, 01:51 PM
This is one of my absolute favorite rides. It's ten minutes of pure heaven. :cloud9:

Wish they could extend it to the front gate :D

iadarolas
01-20-2009, 08:22 PM
I will miss the TTA, I still call it the "People Mover" sometimes. I love to just sit back and enjoy the ride with the nice breeze. I get on it several times during a stay, there is hardly ever a line for it. I will of course, really miss Space Mountain while we are there....it is my favorite ride in all of WDW!:mickey:

FenwayGirl
01-21-2009, 12:12 PM
:fit:Headed down in May. Didn't really care about SM, but I will definately miss TTA this trip

Brownie54
01-23-2009, 09:17 PM
Okay, I will miss it too. It was THE place to go when we were hot, tired, and cranky. But it will be back and hopefully Disney will spruse it up a little. Nothing big, perhaps a couple little surprises along the way.

Brownie... I am really impressed with so many posts about others missing this ride.

Morpheous
01-24-2009, 04:55 AM
Well, that's somewhat disappointing... Heading to WDW in August, and I will definitely miss TTA, such a great place to get a breath while enjoying the view, was one of my Favorites back in Disneyland too until they removed it. Getting to ride the TTA at WDW always felt like a treat, since it felt like going back to before they removed the People Mover in Disneyland.

I always seem to pick the worst times to make reservations! Last time I went Haunted Mansion was down for refurbishment. :)

BigWes6
01-24-2009, 09:27 AM
We thought it was not worth roding until we rode it ! Now we were looking forward to riding it . Now with the rehab it won't be open when we're gonna be there in April . What a shame !! GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!:beer:

KronkHere
01-24-2009, 02:39 PM
We LOVE the TTA - People Mover, and we seriously miss it on our June trip.

:fit:

laward32
01-24-2009, 05:56 PM
I just read on another site that it may not be completely DOWN. It may just have condensed hours due to SM refurb. I am hoping it is open for a little bit when we are there in September.:mickey:

joanna71985
01-24-2009, 07:53 PM
TTA IS our relaxation.

April 19, I believe.