PDA

View Full Version : refurbishment effect

grumpyguy
01-16-2009, 02:23 PM
i'm wondering....do attraction refurbishment announcements affect your vacation plans?
i think the space mountain refurb this year is starting to make me reconsider our plans.
i'm confident i had my wife talked into a trip to wdw in sept '09,but this sm announcement has me really perplexed.i have played out the scenerio of a dw trip w/o sm in my mind over and over and now i just don't know.i know there's plenty more to do and see just really rethinking the possibility of no space mtn this time around.
how 'bout you..any one attraction that makes you reconsider your plans?i never knew sm meant so much to me:confused:

Jasper
01-16-2009, 02:33 PM
There are so many things to do at WDW that I could never see a major change in my plans just because one thing is not open. By that I mean I might slide a trip up or back a week or so to accommodate a refurbishment but that's about as far as it would go.

DizneyRox
01-16-2009, 02:44 PM
Going at peak times helps to eliminate a lot of "unnecessary" refurbs. But this Space Mountain one seems to be a big deal.

I would never let a refurb even be considered into my vacation planning. Although when you label cost cutting as refurbishment (seemingly NOT the case with Space Mountain) it absolutely could.

SBETigg
01-16-2009, 02:55 PM
Pirates of the Caribbean is the one attraction that made us rethink our plans. Fortunately, the schedule changed and it was open during our trip. We're going in late April and the Space Mountain/Transit Authority downtime did give my husband some pause, but we're going ahead anyway. It is hard to imagine a trip without one of our favorite attractions, but I think we'll have plenty to keep us busy.

Madame Leona
01-16-2009, 03:03 PM
I do think I would plan around major rehabs. I have a little one that would be devastated if he couldn't ride TTA. I would have to really discuss this with him and way all of my options before booking.

Polynesian Dweller
01-16-2009, 03:46 PM
Nope. There's always a rehab going on, at least it seems. Depending on how much you like an attraction any of them might be considered major. If we had changed our plans over the years based on rehabs I'm not sure we'd ever have gone. We take the approach that there's other things to do and we always have a great timie Besides, the next time we go we can see the refurbed attraction.

mouseketeer mom
01-16-2009, 04:15 PM
No, wouldn't make us rethink our plans..there's just too many other choices, other special things at WDW, having one or two major attractions down while we were there would not change our plans.

jensantuit
01-16-2009, 06:52 PM
We wouldn't let a refurbishment affect a trip, it would just give us another reason to go back. :mickey:

Luv Eeyore
01-17-2009, 12:23 PM
We don't let the refurb schedule affect our trip. Postponing a trip would lead to withdrawals, and that is just too frightening to contemplate.

jonahbear2006
01-17-2009, 09:41 PM
We missed splash mountain in Feb. of 08 and we were really bummed out but we still had a marvelous trip!! AND, when we returned in Sept. You can bet your booties that was the first place we headed when we ran through the gates of MK. I think it really revved up the excitement of the new trip!