PDA

View Full Version : Sugar Substitutes

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
01-16-2009, 02:05 PM
Someone has asked and CaptJessica answered one of my questions....the hot water question.

What sugar substitutes are available in the parks?? I personally prefer Splenda and already travel with my own tea bags....was wondering if I need to add Splenda packets to my tea bags next week.

Thanks in advanced for any answers.

Jasper
01-16-2009, 02:48 PM
I don't remember which brand is which, but I usually like the one in the pink packet and it was not to be found at any WDW restaurant. However, they did have the blue and yellow ones in abundance

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
01-16-2009, 03:01 PM
I don't remember which brand is which, but I usually like the one in the pink packet and it was not to be found at any WDW restaurant. However, they did have the blue and yellow ones in abundance

Splenda is the yellow packets!! So I don't have to pack those. Great!!! Pink is Sweet N Low. Blue is Equal. I figure the newest sugar substitute Truvia will be Green :confused: when it comes to restaurant tables.

Beast_fanatic
01-16-2009, 03:05 PM
I concur that Splenda and Equal were the sugar substitutes available all over WDW when we were there in December (as my hubby also prefers Sweet 'n' Low in his iced tea, but made do).

Natazu
01-16-2009, 04:11 PM
I concur that Splenda and Equal were the sugar substitutes available all over WDW when we were there in December (as my hubby also prefers Sweet 'n' Low in his iced tea, but made do).
Sweet 'n' Low is know to cause cancer in entertainment mice. That's why you can't find it at Disney.

TheDuckRocks
01-17-2009, 07:09 AM
Sweet 'n' Low is know to cause cancer in entertainment mice. That's why you can't find it at Disney.

Oh good! I guess because I can't sing or dance I've been safe the past 30+ years I've taken the evil pink stuff. Tote my own when going to WDW.

Iluvpooh
01-17-2009, 07:50 PM
Yes-They had plenty of Splenda when we were there in November. For some reason it seemed easier to find it in the parks than at the resorts.
Just a quick FYI-My husband used to make it and we do not eat it at all. My husband especially wouldn't let my children have it. (If you are curious why just PM me) Let me say that there are a few ongoing lawsuits against McNeil from former employees. Thank God my husband is not one of them, but I know a few people who are having to sue.
Now that most of the production is done in Singapore, I am even less likely to eat it than before.