PDA

View Full Version : Dsnygirl's "I can't believe I'm going back already" pre-trip report! :)

Dsnygirl
01-16-2009, 10:30 AM
Well, this is a trip report I will never get to write again, so I'd better enjoy it.... I just got back from a family trip December 17th, and am headed back to "the World" with some girlfriends next week!! :D I can't imagine I will ever have two trips so close together ever again -- in fact, I still can't believe I'm headed back already, it feels surreal -- so this is one pre-trip report I'd better do a good job at!

The short version of how this trip happened so close to my other one is that a few of us at work (I am a labor & delivery nurse) have always wanted to go to Disney together, and have been talking about it for a couple of years. We finally decided to do something about it, and last spring, got it all together and made our ressies.... I'd voted for further out in the spring, but the other girls wanted January, so here we are... me headed back 5 weeks after returning!! :woohoo:

(The other short "story" involved in this trip is the hairy eyebrows, long sighs and grumbles I am getting from my DH... otherwise known around here as CaptJackSparrow, but rarely online... I figured I'd be hearing it from my two DD's who are 7 & 10, but no, it's their dad who is giving me the "I can't believe you're going back w/o me/us" and other various insundry comments... :pout: I just look at it this way -- he says he is going to live vicariously through me while I'm there, I have instructions to text him and send photos -- and it's probably thus guaranteeing me my October trip... :plot:)

Anyway -- on with the pre-trip report...

My dates -- Thursday, Jan. 22 - Monday, Jan. 26

The cast --

Me -- 41 yr old Disney nut who loves all things planning, esp. for Disney trips, and can't wait to go back!

Kate -- aka Kisobel on here -- I won't tell her age for fear of vengeance, but suffice to say she's "close" to my age and a fellow Disney nut who I re-introduced to the insanity, and to this site.

Jenn -- a bit younger than us, but just as crazy about Disney...

Shauna -- around Jenn's age, and (by now you can sense a theme here) also crazy for Disney.

We are all arriving & leaving at different times, so I will just give you all a brief idea of our plans...

Kate arrives Wed. evening, and will enjoy the parks to herself 'til Jenn & Shauna arrive Thurs. morning. I arrive Thursday evening, and will join everyone at DTD after I check-in at AS Music, where I am staying next door to Kate. (Jenn & Shauna are at POP)

Thursday evening, I want nothing more than a margarita on the boardwalk at DTD and some shopping time at World of Disney... we never got to DTD in December, and I want to use my AP discount!! (not to mention, I have a list from my family of stuff they "forgot" they wanted in December...)

Friday, Kate & I are hitting MK at rope drop and doing our favorites -- Space, PoC, BTMRR, HM. Then we are heading to Epcot to hook up w/ Jenn & Shauna, and staying there for the day, straight through EMH that night. We have ADR's at Coral Reef, which I really enjoyed in December, and can't wait to go back -- esp. for my Jack Daniel's and Bailey's mousse!! Yumm!! Also totally looking forward to seeing Illuminations, and what they've done to it for '09, and grabbing a slushie in France... totally missed that in December, but am NOT going to this time!!

Saturday, Kate & I are headed to AK for a few hours, as it's my favorite park and I'd otherwise possibly miss it this trip. We'll probably only stay a few hours, then head to MK to meet Jenn & Shauna... we'll be there the whole day, with only a quick break to go to Chef Mickey's for dinner. Then it'll be back for more rides & to see Wishes, which I absolutely love, and am honestly a little bit sad I won't be seeing it w/ my DH or my DD's. :( But -- knowing me, I will call home during and share it w/ them...

Sunday, Kate & I are headed to DHS for rope drop, just to make sure we have a chance to get on TSM once (or twice -- grab FP's and then wait in line....) and then spending the day there w/ Jenn & Shauna, definitely catching Block Party Bash, as Kate's never seen it and I love it. We have ADR's at Prime Time Cafe for dinner, and we'll stay for EMH, too. The number one thing I want to do there is ToT... for those of you who didn't read my Christmas trip reports, my DD's chickened out on me and we took the "walk of shame" off of ToT, which my DH had already chosen to not ride. So -- I never got on it, and it's my favorite ride at DHS. So! Can't wait for that!!

Monday, Jenn flies out early and Shauna heads to meet her family elsewhere, who are flying down to join her for a cruise (lucky duck!!). Kate and I are headed to AK for their morning EMH, as I don't get picked up by ME until about 10:15. So, I won't get much more than an hour and a half there, and if my ME time becomes earlier than expected, I'll just have breakfast at the resort and hang out 'til it's time to go. Kate doesn't leave 'til Tuesday, so I'm not sure her plans once I leave.

It's a quick trip, and a totally different one for me -- but it'll be fun, and I'm glad we finally were able to pull it off. And considering that it is O degrees here today, that 72 degree weather that's forecasted is looking pretty darn good (no, GREAT) to me!! :D :sun:

senderella
01-16-2009, 10:53 AM
Have a great time. I am going on my annual all girls trip the first weekend in Feb. I love my family, but it does the soul good to get away for a while...especially in Disney. Don't you love the idea of no cleaning, cooking, or hearing "I want", "but you said", "I don't want to"? Relax and enjoy!

SBETigg
01-16-2009, 11:23 AM
Wow, sounds great! Especially with the current Northeast weather, as you mention. Have an amazing time!

mouseketeer mom
01-16-2009, 11:36 AM
Wow! Lucky you!!
I don't think my kids would ever let me get away with going to WDW without them. Come back and tell us everything, and have fun!

pogo
01-16-2009, 11:41 AM
OK............ I'm officially jealous ! :blush: But it sounds like you have a great trip planned. I hope you ladies have a great time and make sure to eat a :bar: for me ! :D

CanadianWDWFan
01-16-2009, 11:49 AM
All I can tell you is that if my DW did that to me, she would be OFFICIALLY disowned! :D

goofy for pluto
01-16-2009, 12:17 PM
Have a Great time with the girls. Looking forward to your trip reports! :mickey:

Dsnygirl
01-16-2009, 12:50 PM
OK............ I'm officially jealous ! :blush: But it sounds like you have a great trip planned. I hope you ladies have a great time and make sure to eat a :bar: for me ! :D
Will do... I'll try to bring back some warmth, too, if I can fit it in my suitcase...

All I can tell you is that if my DW did that to me, she would be OFFICIALLY disowned! :D
:blush: Shhh, don't tell Dan... he hasn't come up with that option yet... :)

Wow! Lucky you!!
I don't think my kids would ever let me get away with going to WDW without them. Come back and tell us everything, and have fun!
Believe it or not, this is the second time they've "let me go" w/o much of a fuss... the first was when my DH and I had a wknd alone there, and Grandma came and stayed. So far, as long as I bring back a few goodies, they're forgiving... ;)

faline
01-16-2009, 01:37 PM
Have a fabulous time, Blythe! I saw your questions over in Vacation Planing so surmised you were heading there without the rest of your family! How fun that you get some "Blythe time"!

KylesMom
01-16-2009, 03:44 PM
DH's response to your solo endeavor cracks me up! What a wonderful time you and your friends are going to have.

Thursday evening, I want nothing more than a margarita on the boardwalk at DTD Gee, can anyone tag along?! :D Have a great (WARM) trip. Looking forward to your trip reports! :mickey:

CanadianWDWFan
01-16-2009, 04:21 PM
:blush: Shhh, don't tell Dan... he hasn't come up with that option yet... :)

Too late I PM'ed him! :fresh:

I hope you have just an awful time without him.:D

yjgirl32
01-16-2009, 08:41 PM
Sounds like you will have a great time! Can't wait to read all about it in your reports!

DlandMommy
01-16-2009, 09:48 PM
Have fun:mickey:Maybe we'll see you there:thumbsup:

RedSoxFan
01-16-2009, 10:22 PM
Have a great time Blythe. Hopefully, when you come back, we'll be out of this dreadful cold snap.:mickey:

Kisobel
01-17-2009, 04:13 AM
ok, you can mention how old i am, ya goof. because its the same age as you. my husband is definately taking this better than yours. but then he has a boy's weekend in april. (and we have booked aready for oct at disney)

i say we take a picture on your phone of a pristine micky bar and send it to pogo. and keep taking pictures of it every couple bites. he will totally feel like hes there.

my additions to the pretrip report. on thursday i am going to AK. i have a tour scheduled in the afternoon. i plan to meet up with everyone at DTD that evening. Jen and Shauna are eating at Planet Hollywood.(which doesn't do a thing for me- give me Earl of Sandwich anyday)

monday after Bythe deserts me, i am playing by ear. but i will be in Magic Kingdom that night for EMH. tues i plan to breakfast at the resort and catch ME back to the tundra of CNY.

kate

disneydeb
01-18-2009, 05:59 PM
Blythe,
I hope you all have a great time! I'll be wishing I was with you.

deb

Dsnygirl
01-19-2009, 09:00 AM
i say we take a picture on your phone of a pristine micky bar and send it to pogo. and keep taking pictures of it every couple bites. he will totally feel like hes there.

:funny: What a perfect idea... I say we send it to my DH, too... :D

Blythe,
I hope you all have a great time! I'll be wishing I was with you.

deb
I'll be wishing you were there, too!

WDWFanatic
01-19-2009, 09:09 AM
Sounds like a great trip you have planned! Enjoy your time with your girlfriends.

Maybe it you "forget" to bring home a few of those requested items you can make it back before October :D.

Dsnygirl
01-19-2009, 09:21 AM
Maybe it you "forget" to bring home a few of those requested items you can make it back before October :D.
Kelly, I like the way you think!! :D :thumbsup:

dolphinmickey9170
01-19-2009, 03:45 PM
Sounds like a great fun trip for you and the girls!! Have a safe trip and can't wait to hear all about it when you return.:mickey:

TikiGoddess
01-22-2009, 10:14 PM
Hope you have a fantastic trip! Oooh, a girls weekend sounds like the best thing to chase away cold weather and snow.

Have fun!
Kathy

sleepingbooty
01-23-2009, 07:16 PM
I was about the wish you a good time- but then I looked at the date and realized - you're there right now! Hope you're having a blast and I can't wait to read all about it!