PDA

View Full Version : Crowd levels last week in May/First week in June

Mammabruski
01-16-2009, 09:44 AM
What would we be dealing with? We would go after Memorial Day, perhaps that last week in May, but if not, the first week in June. I'm a teacher, and my last day of work is before Memorial Day, but from what I understand that is unusual. So with the economy and all, how crazy would it really be? TIA!

goofiecrazy
01-16-2009, 10:23 AM
We have been the first week of june before and found the crowd level up there but like they get in the full summer time. Schools down there get out about that time so u will run into crowds but if ur used to the crowds then that shouldnt be a problem.

Mammabruski
01-17-2009, 09:43 PM
Any other input? Specifically about the last week in May?

mickeys_princess_mom
01-17-2009, 10:10 PM
Any other input? Specifically about the last week in May?
We're headed there during that time again, and really like it then. The crowds seem to kick up right around June 1. Then it just feels so much hotter! Teacher here, too, and we're taking off the minute I get out on May 22!
:plane: Definitely helps make the end of the year more bearable!:wave:

playdead88
01-18-2009, 08:22 AM
we check in may 23rd! its the first time we are going during memorial day week - we have been the 3rd week in may and it was great - im hoping the crowds wont be too bad - the crowds certainly were not bad the 3rd week in may - we also have been in april and let me tell ya the crowds were much worse in april than they were in may - plus not matter what week we go we'll be in disney world so im not worried about a thing - im so sure we will have a wonderful time! :cloud9:

Mammabruski
01-20-2009, 05:35 PM
Any other input? Anybody go this time every year? Do the crowds decrease noticeably after Memorial Day, or do people tend to linger?

iadarolas
01-20-2009, 08:56 PM
We have gone three times around the second week of May and it has been perfect weather and very managable crowds. This year we are going May 15-24th. I am concerned that it will be more crowded than what we are used to. My only hope is that the bad economy may keep crowds down a little bit.

rsulli61
01-23-2009, 12:01 PM
There is actually a large scale IBM conference during that period at the Dolphin and Swan so the crowds will likely be high.

lockedoutlogic
01-23-2009, 12:05 PM
The first week of june is the "happiest time on earth at WDW" :thumbsup::thedolls:

DryCreek
01-23-2009, 09:03 PM
The first week of june is the "happiest time on earth at WDW" :thumbsup::thedolls:

I believe that those folks that have picked the first week of June to hold their "special time together" have already started posting the dates that they will be descending (en masse) upon certain parks at WDW on their website dedicated those types of activities.

If you have impressionable children or homophobic relatives attending with you during the first week of June, I would recommend planning my park visits around their rallies.

Mammabruski
01-24-2009, 04:43 PM
Thanks all! My DM booked us from Tuesday 5/26 through Tuesday 6/2 at POP! So I'm really interested how the crowds are immediately after Memorial Day. I'm getting the impression it won't be too bad. But for buy 4 get 3 free, I'll take anything!