PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Crowds...

DreamFinder2
01-15-2009, 08:03 PM
My DW and I are planning a trip to WDW this coming Christmas. We are both teachers, but our calendars work out so that we can visit the week BEFORE Christmas (Dec. 18-24). Most websites I've looked at say that week is one of the slowest of the year, then things really pick up the week between Christmas and New Year's.

Anyone have any experience with this? Did anyone visit last month during the week prior to Christmas? Any predictions or experiences are appreciated!

:thumbsup:

faline
01-15-2009, 08:08 PM
We've been a number of times at this time of year. I think you will find moderate crowds at the beginning of your trip. Folks generally start to pour in around the 20th or so and I would expect the latter part of your trip would be quite crowded!

RodFamDisney
01-16-2009, 04:02 PM
We are planning to go at the same times and I am a little nervous about the crowds. A friend that works with my husband went at that time a few years ago and was pleased with the crowds - he stated the get heavy on the 24th??

Hope you enjoy your trip!:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-16-2009, 04:22 PM
We were there from Dec 20-30, 2008 and it was crowded the whole time...it was a bit worse the 2nd half though...if you go this time of year plan on hitting the parks at opening and making a mad dash for the newer and more popular rides

Beast_fanatic
01-16-2009, 04:30 PM
Many schools will likely get out for the holidays on the 18th this year, so I would expect the crowds will be large the entire time (depending on the economy, of course).