PDA

View Full Version : sword in the stone

tpljmom
01-15-2009, 06:02 PM
Does the sword ever get pulled out of the stone??

pamickeys
01-15-2009, 06:16 PM
no

Altair
01-15-2009, 06:40 PM
If the sword would come all the way out, the person pulling it would become King of England.:secret:

dolphinmickey9170
01-15-2009, 06:52 PM
One of the PAs I work with was there last May and her daughters pulled the sword out and ironically, the Dream Along with Mickey show was going on at the same time, and when they pulled the sword, the fireworks blasted, but they never received anything from the CMs.

So, to answer the OP question---YES! It DOES come out!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
01-15-2009, 07:02 PM
Recently, Donald pulled it from the Stone and he was crowned King of MK.

magicofdisney
01-15-2009, 07:06 PM
Two of my children have pulled it out (just not all the way). After some fanfare (more or less depending on the particular CM working that area) it slides back down. Both my boys have pulled it out and received a letter of recognition and a sticker. It was a lot of fun for them and a great photo op for us all. :mickey:

Marker
01-15-2009, 10:33 PM
Have they done it recently? I thought they had discontinued that show a long time ago. I'd love it if they were doing it again, I always enjoyed watching that show.

joanna71985
01-15-2009, 11:06 PM
Have they done it recently? I thought they had discontinued that show a long time ago. I'd love it if they were doing it again, I always enjoyed watching that show.

The show has been discontinued, unfortunately. But there are ways to be able to pull it out.

TheRustyScupper
01-16-2009, 09:36 AM
1) During the Merlin ceremony, the sword did come all the way out of the stone.
2) Since they stopped the ceremony, they seldom let it come out.

Altair
01-16-2009, 10:59 AM
1) During the Merlin ceremony, the sword did come all the way out of the stone.

I've never seen the sword come all the way out. It moves upward a foot or so and that was all. :confused:

Stu29573
01-16-2009, 01:21 PM
I've never see it all the way out either. In the Merlin shows that I saw it only came up about a foot. Maybe they changed it (before they discontinued it, that is...)

joanna71985
01-16-2009, 04:05 PM
I've never seen the sword come all the way out. It moves upward a foot or so and that was all. :confused:

It never came 100% out. The sword only came out halfway.

TheRustyScupper
01-16-2009, 04:39 PM
It never came 100% out. The sword only came out halfway.

1) Two years ago was the last I saw the ceremony.
2) The son did pull it out all the way.
3) Merlin put it back in for the father to try.
4) When he couldn't the kid did it again.
5) Dad held the sword high into the air.

DisneyBabies
01-16-2009, 05:31 PM
Where is the sword in the stone located at? We've only been to WDW once and didn't see it, but we are bringing DS and we'd like to let him see it.

Altair
01-16-2009, 05:47 PM
Where is the sword in the stone located at? We've only been to WDW once and didn't see it, but we are bringing DS and we'd like to let him see it.

It's in front of the Carrousel , near the back of the castle.:mickey:

Iluvpooh
01-16-2009, 06:14 PM
I think and I am guessing here-that the stone is controlled by an electromagnet. I am guessing that sometimes it is programmed to turn off and during those times it can be pulled. I would guess there is a set schedule for that, but some people just get lucky to be at the right place at the right time.
Again-just my guess. I have some great pics of my kids pulling the sword, but it didn't move-not even a little bit.

dmosher
01-16-2009, 07:12 PM
This is cool though! I was lucky enough to pull it out years ago. Lots of fun and I still have the certificate they gave me.
:pipes:
D

joanna71985
01-16-2009, 08:30 PM
1) Two years ago was the last I saw the ceremony.
2) The son did pull it out all the way.
3) Merlin put it back in for the father to try.
4) When he couldn't the kid did it again.
5) Dad held the sword high into the air.

That was a mistake then. I've seen the show many times, and it only came out halfway. I even have it on tape.

Grim Grinning Marathon Runner
01-17-2009, 07:26 PM
That was a mistake then. I've seen the show many times, and it only came out halfway. I even have it on tape.

I'm pretty sure, like Rusty, I've seen the sword come completely out before too.

crazyred11588
01-22-2009, 01:18 PM
I also remember it coming out completely during the Merlin show. Wasn't it on an episode of full house as well? (lol)

As for ever getting to pull the sword out, we've NEVER felt it budge. We have great pictures of my sister literally standing on top of the rock, one foot on the anvil, both hands under the hilt of the sword pulling with this nice face to no avail. Its become a little tradition for us to go up and recreate those pictures every time we go back.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
01-22-2009, 01:52 PM
Just because you personally never saw the sword come all the way out doesn't mean that it doesn't happen. It just means you never experienced it.

Kind of like Halley's Comet, just because you didn't see it when it last entered the inner solar system in 1986 doesn't mean that it doesn't exist....I could go on with other examples...The Perfect Man, 1969's Lunar Landing and Walk, etc.

Imagineer1981
01-22-2009, 02:18 PM
Merlin used to have a remote to secretly release the sword. He always let some small kid pull it because its funny and true

Altair
01-22-2009, 02:51 PM
There are vidios of the ceremony on You Tube. All the ones I've seen the sword does not come all the way out. Of course, that does not mean it never has.
One thing I did notice was a line in the show. Merlin says to the adult that tries first to become Temporary Ruler of the Realm, that "this is a part time job, so the sword will only come part way out.":mickey:

CU Tiger
01-23-2009, 12:07 PM
I am confused! :confused: Has this been discontinued or not? :confused: I thought it was discontinued last year.:mickey:

joanna71985
01-23-2009, 06:54 PM
The show was discontinued in 2006.