PDA

View Full Version : Hard to get ressies At Boardwalk if not your Home resort ?

ramftbl
01-15-2009, 04:51 PM
Hello All ! I was just wondering if it is difficult to get reservations at the Boardwalk Villas in October if it's not my home resort. We would probably need a 2 bedroom, and if we call right on the 6 month window, will we have any shot ? I know that this is kind of a general question, but if anyone has any experience with this kind of thing, I'd appreciate the thoughts.. thanks in advance to all who respond !!

TennesseeTink
01-15-2009, 05:20 PM
If I'm not mistaken, you are able to book a resort that is not your Home resort at the 7 month window. I've only done this once. We booked BC at exactly seven months out and got exactly what we wanted. We are not going at a peak time so I'm sure that worked in our favor. October is sorta busy, with the Food and Wine Festival and all, but still not peak so I'd say you have a good chance. I'm sure someone with more experience will come along to give you a better idea what you're likely to face.

LynneM
01-15-2009, 06:05 PM
Peak times for DVC resorts are not the same as peak for non-DVC resorts.

It's generally difficult to get BWV and BCV at 7 months from October 1 through the end of the year. The Food & Wine festival is a big attraction for DVCers, and the period from Thanksgiving to Christmas is the busiest time of year for all DVC resorts. If you call exactly at the 7 month mark, you'll have a shot, but any time after that and you may well be out of luck.

Maleficent's Dad
01-15-2009, 07:58 PM
If I'm not mistaken, you are able to book a resort that is not your Home resort at the 7 month window.
:yes:
This is correct - 7 month window - NOT 6!

It's generally difficult to get BWV and BCV at 7 months from October 1 through the end of the year. The Food & Wine festival is a big attraction for DVCers
The F&W Festival makes the BW and BC locations a prime spot for DVC'ers. It's darned near impossible to get in if not your home resort during that time period.

However - Go ahead and give it a shot! Can't hurt trying!!!

dlpmikki
01-16-2009, 05:04 AM
Boardwalk is the only DVC location that I haven't managed to get into, even with a waitlist. Admittedly I haven't tried very often but everywhere else has been easier.

missalabama
01-16-2009, 09:47 AM
I have been trying to get BWV standard view for my trip in June. At first there were no nights available so I booked somewhere else. I called back a few days later and got one night so I booked that. The next day I was able to get 1 more night there but not in a row. I got on the waitlist and the next day I got 2 more of the nights. I now have all my nights except the last one. I am still on the waitlist for that one. Just keep calling.....you may have to do it one day at a time but it usually will come through eventually if you keep trying.

lockedoutlogic
01-16-2009, 10:34 AM
We went on the waitlist at exactly 9:07 am on the morning of the seven month window for this past october for both Beach and Boardwalk.....

and it didn't budge.....not a nibble.

DizneyRox
01-16-2009, 10:44 AM
I never had a problem at the Boardwalk, but that was my home resort. For the times I was looking for Boardwalk as an alternative or a short notice trip, if I recall correctly, it was usually in the same boat as Beach Club and Wilderness Lodge. Here and there nights were available, but seldom was the whole stay available when we called.

The waitlist though, always came through. We often picked Beach Club instead; coming home to Art was always a bonus.

Due to vacation time availability we usually travel at peak times (school vacations).

patandtwins
01-19-2009, 02:35 PM
We've stayed there twice and OKW is our home resort. Just be sure to book at the 7 month window. So far, it's our fave DVC place because you can walk or ferry to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. We hate the bus system.:down: