PDA

View Full Version : Information on Villas

ncrohrs
01-15-2009, 11:17 AM
Hi! Tentatively planning on a NOV 2009 trip with myself, DH, my mother in law, our 3 kids over 3, and our one baby. (total of 7, one baby)

We are thining about a villa. Can someone answer these questions?

What size would we need to accomodate a bed for all but the baby (1 bedroom, 2?)?

Approximate price range for the beach club or boardwalk villas.

Convenience of these villas.

Any other information one can provide!

Thanks!
Nicole

DebK
01-15-2009, 11:55 AM
Hi!
You will need a two bedroom villa. Those locations are very convenient. The pricing will depend upon if you go in regular season or value season.......

Luv Eeyore
01-15-2009, 11:59 AM
You would need a 2 bedroom villa (the one bedroom only sleeps 4). Each villa also comes with a play n pak for the baby. IMHO the location of both the Boardwalk Villas and the Beach Club Villas are ideal (we are DVC members and the Beach Club is one of our home resorts and probably has the best theme pool at WDW - we chose the BCV specifically for its location). They are both in walking distance to 2 parks (Epcot and DHS) and there are so many dining and recreation options in the area. As for the cost, I'd suggest pricing it out on the Disney website.

Luv Eeyore
01-15-2009, 12:00 PM
You can also look into renting DVC vacation points - it might be less expensive that way.

ThanxForNoticin
01-15-2009, 12:22 PM
The 2BR is definitely the way to go, but you'll need to think about the logistics, too. You'll have one master BR with a king-sized bed, a living room area with a pull-out sofa-bed, and a separate room with another bed and pull-out bed (depending where you stay, those could be queen-sized or double). You might want to think ahead as to who will sleep where.

I completely agree with previous posters saying the location of the Boardwalk or Beach Club is a major plus.

I don't have the specific numbers, but I think a 2BR at BW or BC is pretty pricey - probably in the $750 per night range, maybe more depending when you go. The idea of renting points might make more sense.

DizneyRox
01-15-2009, 12:35 PM
A 2BR and I can't think of any scenario where it wouldn't be cost effective to rent the points vs pay cash.

Even Christmas Week it's 462 points a week. At $11 a point, that's only $5100 which is a bargain for those accomodations that week.

ncrohrs
01-15-2009, 02:14 PM
I am unsure what it means when you are talking about points and the vacation club. Please advise!

Thanks!

DizneyRox
01-15-2009, 03:25 PM
I am unsure what it means when you are talking about points and the vacation club. Please advise!

Thanks!
A portion of the villas are set aside for cash customers. If you call and ask, you will be given a number that will surely make you choke!

Most of the villas are set aside for DVC members. DVC members book their rooms with points. As I mentioned. a Beach Club 2BR Unit during Christmas Week would cost you 462 points. The cost in points per week depends on the week and the resort.

The good thing is, many members don't use their point allotment all the time and to avoid losing those points, they will sell them, or rent them. The going rate is about $11 a point.

There are other websites that will walk you through the rental process if you're interested in looking. I just mention it here as an option.

DVC Mike
01-15-2009, 05:49 PM
While less expensive, "renting points" isn't for everyone. If you do decide to do that, please read:

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=122549