PDA

View Full Version : Very Sad - please pray

Tinkermom
01-15-2009, 09:40 AM
I work at a large "mega-church" in children's ministry. We got word yesterday that a 13 year old named Jacob took his own life after school on Tuesday. I do not know the details. His 5th grade sister has been coming to Sunday school with her best friend whose parents volunteer for me. A lot of kids in our program will be affected by this.

This has hit a lot of us very hard. I have 2 sons one 12 and one 14. Our youth director talked to the kids about this last night. I also had a talk with my own boys that NOTHING is ever that bad that one would need to take their own life. My heart breaks for Jacob's family. Please lift a prayer for them today as well as for all of the other children and parents who will be trying to deal with this.

JPL
01-15-2009, 10:06 AM
Lots of :pixie: on the way :(

Strmchsr
01-15-2009, 10:11 AM
Lisa I hate to hear that. I know that situation will be tough on the community and church. We went through the same thing here a couple of years ago. I'll definitely be praying for you and the church leaders to know how best to reach out to folks during this time.

Mickey91
01-15-2009, 10:50 AM
Lisa,
I am so sorry to hear that. My thoughts and Prayers will be with this family.

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-15-2009, 11:05 AM
I am so sorry to hear, you, Jacob's family and the church will be in my prayers.

I also work in Children's Ministry, and I can only imagine how hard it would be to loose one of my kids :(

Again, my prayers are with you!

beksy
01-15-2009, 11:25 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about the loss. Lots of prayers and pixie dust coming your way as you guide the children through this difficult time.

senderella
01-15-2009, 11:29 AM
That is terrible. I will keep Jacob's family as well as the church family in my prayers. I pray that everyone will see that God always has his comforting hands around them during all times in life....both joyous days and storms.

goofy for pluto
01-15-2009, 12:03 PM
Prayers and Pixie Dust are on their way!
:pixie:
I have a 13 year old son who attends youth group at a mega-church. I can only imagine how hard it would be for the kids if something like this happened. My thoughts and prayers go out to all of you and especially to the family of the boy. :hug:

faline
01-15-2009, 12:41 PM
How sad. :pixie::pixie::pixie:

Disneyatic
01-15-2009, 01:08 PM
How awful. I can't imagine the pain that must be going on in a situation like that.
Sending lots of :pixie::pixie: and we will keep you all in our prayers.

Pagan
01-15-2009, 01:12 PM
I don't pray, but I'll send some positive energies your way...

princessgirls
01-15-2009, 02:05 PM
May God work within this family to help them and the extended community get through this tragic loss.

I will keep Jacob's family in prayer.

Julie:mickey:

ElenitaB
01-15-2009, 04:46 PM
Many prayers for the family and the larger community. :(

crazypoohbear
01-15-2009, 05:44 PM
Sending out prayers for the whole "family" involved.
It is so sad that kds don't realize that nothing is that bad and there is a way through anything.
God Bless everyone involved.

LauraleeH
01-15-2009, 09:27 PM
I'm so sorry, I can't imagine how horrible that would be for his family/friends. I'll be praying for all of them.

pianobabe
01-16-2009, 06:24 PM
My thoughts and prayers are going out for Jacob, his family and all of those involved.